monster pump issues

showincattle

Diesel Fan
I just installed a monster pump on my 2001 dodge and after installation I took it for a test run and the truck begins to run rough and cut out around 2500 rpms under heavy throttle, but if you back off and ease into it the motor will go ahead and reach 3400 rpms fine it is only noticeable under heavy throttle. It also lopes which is great but even in neutral when you begin to rev on it it does not smooth out.

Any help would be great.

Call Mike.... He builds the pump and knows how to troubleshoot it.

Lavon

I think weazel's truck also lopes when you start to add throttle. He posted a few videos of his truck on here a little while ago.

Kind of sounds like the pump is starving for fuel, but I'm with Lavon on this one - give Mike a call. There are only a handful of guys on here running the monster pumps.

I am not blaming it on the pump yet. I was wondering if it could of been like a apps problem or possibly a bad connection.

its the electronics, ctd89-99 had the same problem, i even tried the pump on my truck and it would break up and not turn any kind of rpm. they got the electronics changed and it fixed it

Steve B actually went to visit Mike and he fixed the pump for him

Lavon

Does this happen with any boxes on? I know that if i run my redline box on to high of a setting it makes the truck start to break up around 2600 rpm and higher. But if i bring the defueling down a little bit it makes up for it and will run smooth through the R's.

Mike has been great to work with so far so I am not to worried. However I am ready to get the truck running with the monster.

Mine cuts out in neutral as well. It sounds like one of the cylinders is not firing and Also Idles at 1000rpm's. It smoots out when I throttle it fast but if i throttle is slow, It is rough the whole way.

I just got my pump back from Mike rebuilding it, And he told me about a sensor that is in the pump. you take off the outer cover, then remove the computer part of the pump, But careful because theres a ribbon holding the computer down so you cant pick it up but 4-5 inches. Then in a small rectangle chamber theres the sensor, He told me to loosen the screws on it, And push it up toward the motor while i tighten it back down.

Does this make sense to anybody? I started to do this but the little #10 torx screw started to strip on me so hes sending me new screws now, But the sensor is only gonna move .003" he said if even that.

Here is a Video of mine cutting out. Is yours similar? If not.....Anyone got ideas or agree with mike on why mines like that? Not trying to hi jack, just seems like we both got this problem @ different times.

Sounds like a normal monster pump to me. They tend to have their own sound & idle...kinda off and on lope really uneven.

Just took it for a drive, It sounds like JKTCummins fuel cutting out. Under a load its okay, but 2nd gear 2krpm it sound like JKT's and when clutch is in coasting to a stop, a bad knocking sound. I'll just play with the sensor, Thanks for the input. good luck showincattle.

YEah my problem is from 2500+ rpms under a load. The idle has a lope but i suspected that may happen but I like it. I called mike and he said that it may be in the ecm, but my redline should be back soon and he said that should cure the problem.