Moonlight Diesel Kickin Gas Powertrain???

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
Anyone know any details on moonlight diesels pull truck kickin gas drive train? Like to know if its a 12v truck and what trans they are running and all that but can't seem to find anything on the web about this truck engine pics would be sweet if someone has them

12 valve. Has drop box and reverser. Terry doesn't pop the hood much, if ever, so you probably won't see and engine pics. It is a clean and well done rig though

Last edited:
Drop box is as the name implies, the transfer case. Reverser is a type of trans.

As far as the engine goes, I think it's your standard pulling setup from about 5 years ago. Big twins, 13mm pump, etc. Probably about 1500hp. Wouldn't pop the hood for me either ;)

Is a reverser a manual? Sorry I don't have any knowledge of big boys pullin trannis

Thier truck is a nice looking truck and appears to run good in the videos I have seen.

As for closing the hood, I guess that is owner preference and they can choose to keep the hood closed. But on the other hand on a pulling motor their isn't that much you can really see from the outside that gives away many secrets. Close the air shut-off(s) if you want to keep that to yourself. I would think that as a diesel shop they would want to show off their skills at putting the truck together?

Again that is their choice and any puller/competitors option. I have shut ours on occasion so this post is maybe hypocritical?

Am I the only one that has seen the motor?? haha I Saw it a few years ago In front of their shop. It was right before a pull that night.

I've seen under the hood once or twice but its usually rare he pops the hood. Terry doesnt say much either. Hes a quiet guy. Like others said still a 12 valve with a 13mm p pump as far as I know with a big set of twins. Not sure on size. Definitely a clean truck that always seems to run well. Haven't seen it come out as much the last two years and haven't seen it yet this year. Heard he has been too busy to mess with it.

Back