Moonshine Tune

Whats needed in stock trans? Triple disc and ?? So this moonshine tune? Is it pretty bad or what?

I owuld use a triple disc. Alot of guys just use a single with a billet cover. You also will need a trasngo or some other brand full kit and I would suggest some alto clutch packs.

It is a pretty bad tune.

Ok cool.. Whats some other good programmers that I could run with a stock trans for now intil I get money to do a transmission. Ive got intake and exhaust right now.

You could run a Quad or if you are looking into getting EFI Live you could just run a smaller program until you get the trans work done and then just get the Moonshine tune.

You could talk to Tony about some small tunes that would be stock tranny safe.

What kind of hp can you run on stock trans that will be quicker than your average bullydog or banks duramax running around here where Im at..

I just found out I had a LLY motor not a LB7. So does that change on the hp I can run for stock trans?

So what would be best to run with it? Diablo? I want a downloader. Also my gf dad has a 06 with ppe with no trans mods.. how is he not breaking anything? 06 allison can handle it?

The Predator or a Hypertech would be a decent choice. I would go with the Predator and stick to the 65hp tune on a 5 speed.

While we have no idea what PPE your gf's dad is running, the 6 speeds are good for a bit more tuning than are the 5 speeds.

your gf's dad probably isnt running it on the hottest setting, and maybe has it setup to defuel and limit egt's so it doesnt allow the programmer to run to its full potential.

How do you tell if its the 5 or 6 speed? Only 06 and newer have the 6 speed right?

your gf's dad probably isnt running it on the hottest setting, and maybe has it setup to defuel and limit egt's so it doesnt allow the programmer to run to its full potential.
He's also prob not running it real hard either...

So what would be best to run with it? Diablo? I want a downloader. Also my gf dad has a 06 with ppe with no trans mods.. how is he not breaking anything? 06 allison can handle it?

Get what your father inlaw has, it's good off the shelf tuning and will have greater resale curb appeal when you decide to try moonshine.

What kind of hp can you run on stock trans that will be quicker than your average bullydog or banks duramax running around here where Im at..

Don't need moonshine for that, just the average tow tune will beat them.:hehe:

Tony's tuning is top notch but like everyone said, save up for your tranny or just buy an Edge or something else that is stock tranny safe (for a little longer at least).