more drag events ????

triton

Scarlet Fever
we're down to slim pickens know.... with NADM race events anyway. Looks like the rest of the year are pulling events.

Is Commerce the only other drag on the books for this year ??

You know if you build it, they will come :poke::Cheer:

Ahhh, I saw that before. Good, that will break up the time between now and Sept. Count me in Maryland is my homeland :-) Thanks Greg ! :rockwoot:

Ty, You going to Ceicil GA for the Drags on June 28th???

Haven't talked to Garmon yet but gonna call him a little later..

EDIT!!! Never mind, that's a DHRA event......Justtalked to Garmon and he's Diff. not going!!!

EDIT!!! Never mind, that's a DHRA event......Justtalked to Garmon and he's Diff. not going!!!

That would be a DHRA event that is NOT going to happen. Maybe Dunbar can get us a race there under the NADM:bang Come on David..........Pick it up!! Gary

EDIT!!! Never mind, that's a DHRA event......Just talked to Garmon and he's Diff. not going!!!

Yeah man, the fact it was a DHRA thing, I wouldn't have gone anyway. Looks like Commerce is gonna be the next official event unless you wanted to drive to Fla :bang for some of the NHRDA events.

btw... did he mention the HOT ROD drag week ? I talked to him about it and thought of getting a team going out of his shop. That would be a blast. I guess for him though since he sold the 2000 beast, he wouldn't have anything to drive.

Had you thought about doing it ? You'd have to get a week off from work.

Ty, I know Dave has a date for the first of August some time for Rockingham, Ill let him post the details! He has been looking for tracks with open times and availability for us dieselheads! . . . and of course reasonable:D

Hes traveling between gigs but will post the details soon!

Ron

Ty, I know Dave has a date for the first of August some time for Rockingham, Ill let him post the details! He has been looking for tracks with open times and availability for us dieselheads! . . . and of course reasonable:D

Hes traveling between gigs but will post the details soon!

Ron

sweet ! that's good to hear Ron.

If you build it... they will come :tree: :rockwoot:

btw... did he mention the HOT ROD drag week ? I talked to him about it and thought of getting a team going out of his shop. That would be a blast. I guess for him though since he sold the 2000 beast, he wouldn't have anything to drive.

Had you thought about doing it ? You'd have to get a week off from work.

Not sure when that is but it sounds fun!! We'll see about the time off...

Bout to call Jeff now....I hadn't heard about him selling the Beer Truck!!! WoW!!! Things must be real SLOW....I know he had to lay off Tommy and Kenny "Donkey"...

Damn!!! That sux!!

Not sure when that is but it sounds fun!! We'll see about the time off...

Bout to call Jeff now....I hadn't heard about him selling the Beer Truck!!! WoW!!! Things must be real SLOW....I know he had to lay off Tommy and Kenny "Donkey"...

Damn!!! That sux!!

I think it was more the boot :kick: than a lay off. Says he's going for a mega cab next LOL He needs something to carry all those kids around :-)

Augustn 9th at Rockingham Dragway is the word, racing under the lights. David Dunbar will post the final details when he gets a chance.

That's right - August 9th in the evening - 5pm and on! Rockingham

A NADM mini drag race - no that doesnt mean small trucks -:hehe:

It means a test & tune with smaller purses than our National events!

Still the same guys and loads of drag racing:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

RK

thats the same date as the nhrda event for us wtf:bang:bang:bang

Do you really think David would try to crap on NHRDA's event on purpose? This is a mini event to attract people who would not be going to the Florida event in the first place. David didn't push the issue with certain racers because he already knew they had plans to go to the NHRDA's event and didn't want to step on peoples toes!

From what I've learned Rockingham had only a couple of openings and this date made the most sense.

Scheduling conflict are sometimes unavoidable.

I'm glad NADM got a race happening in the southeast.

Let's not start looking for bad intentions where there are none. :)

Do you really think David would try to crap on NHRDA's event on purpose? This is a mini event to attract people who would not be going to the Florida event in the first place. David didn't push the issue with certain racers because he already knew they had plans to go to the NHRDA's event and didn't want to step on peoples toes!

From what I've learned Rockingham had only a couple of openings and this date made the most sense.

Scheduling conflict are sometimes unavoidable.

I'm glad NADM got a race happening in the southeast.

Let's not start looking for bad intentions where there are none. :)

Exactly!:bow:

NHRDA has two events that same weekend themselves - one in the north - one in the south and we are in the middle!

We are just trying to accommodate what people are asking for!

Less travel - savings on fuel - pick the one closest to you!:clap:

In the summer the tracks are filled with NHRA events an it's tough to find an opening for us dieselheads:)

RK

Sounds like COMP could have another event @ Steele .........

:rockwoot:

August 9th

August 9th is the date for Rockingham. I still have the final details to work out such as purse etc., but the event is on. Steve (track owner) is excited about us returning to his track.

I will get the details out soon. I am currently at Dieter's place in Michigan and will be heading to Ohio this weekend for a dyno event.

I know this is a stupid question but I still new to this drag racing seen....(I guess i could just search it, huh?? LOL......Posting is more fun though)

Where is the Rockingham track? How far from ATL. GA??........I'm off that weekend and may try to attend..

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/

DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO ROCKINGHAM DRAGWAY

The track is located at the intersection of U.S. Hwy 1 and Hwy 177

- 10 miles north of Hamlet and Rockingham
- 75 miles south of Raleigh
- 80 miles east of Charlotte
- From Rockingham, take U.S. Highway 1 to Highway 177
New Directions to THE ROCK From Greensboro

Fans and racers traveling south on 220 from Greensboro will now enjoy a new bypass around Ellerbe. Rather than turning left, or east, in Ellerbe, Take exit 11, Millstone Road, off of the new bypass and follow signs to “Speedway”.

I can't wait since this track is only a 3 hr. drive for me. :clap:

Back