More Fuel Pressure

AMMO22

BANNED
Is there any way to possibly get more fuel pressure from the stock fuel system? Can I shim the factory regulator in any way?

Yes you can. People put ball bearings or bbs in the regulator to put more pressure on the spring. Theres a right up on it in TDG.

Has anyone seen or heard of much of a performance gain by doing that.

I'll read the write up when I get home. I'm at work now and the government/military blocks certain forum sites, hopefully they never learn of Comp D. Thanks

Doing that is more of a way to keep better fuel pressure to your injectors. You wont see much of an improvement until you start putting bigger lines and more free flowing hardware like the vendors fuel systems. Ryan

So right now its pretty much a waste of time until I get at least a stage I fuel system.

not a complete waste, it will help at the upper rpm range to keep the #7 & #8 injectors fed. shimmed regulator and a crossover fuel line made a good improvment on a friends truck with stock injectors for about 100 bucks.

You could always pull the injectors out and remachine the head with a t-slot cutter to allow more fuel the flow around the injector. And them little fuel inlet screens MUST be a restriction.

Check the pressure at the regulator. 50PSI is all it needs to maintain to keep the injectors returning to a ready to fire position. If you have trouble maintaining the pressure you might have an inlet restiction or a volume problem from the pump. You could always over volt the pump with a good old burn-a-pump. Nothing like 16 volts to your pump to get that extra kick.

Back