More P-pump questions/mods

oil-burner

Was doing the typical AFC mods (replace washer with lip with one with no lip, gring the back of the afc foot, etc) when i saw something that made me wonder. say you have a 0 plate, 2095 rack plug, and moded afc housing. The restriction on travel is now the washer on the star wheel side of the diaphram, it bottoms out on the afc housing. So say you were to cut the sides of the washer off 180 degrees of each other, so the washer would slide between the sides of the cavity were the star wheel is. This would give you more rack travel, and the restriction would know be the 2095 plug. Can you get to much travel on the rack ?

scot

I replaced both washer with some fender washers, how & were would one measure travel ?

scot

oil-burner said:
Was doing the typical AFC mods (replace washer with lip with one with no lip, gring the back of the afc foot, etc) when i saw something that made me wonder. say you have a 0 plate, 2095 rack plug, and moded afc housing. The restriction on travel is now the washer on the star wheel side of the diaphram, it bottoms out on the afc housing. So say you were to cut the sides of the washer off 180 degrees of each other, so the washer would slide between the sides of the cavity were the star wheel is. This would give you more rack travel, and the restriction would know be the 2095 plug. Can you get to much travel on the rack ?

scot
I have done this, it works. I just used a smaller dia washer.

Back