More power from water/meth?

wildmanben

Farmboy...
I put a snow stage 3 system on my truck and only got about 30 hp from it. I have both the 625 nozzles in and the pump all the way up. Its the 150psi pump. Whats the deal here? It runs and sucks the tank down pretty good. I ran about a 40meth and 60water ratio. Should I do more meth? Or do I need more fuel up top to get it to run right? I dunno. Just feeling like the money wasnt well spent this time.

Oh, this was on 17.5* of timing. Do I need more?

Water's kinda like timing or a cam- it doesn't really add HP, it supports more HP. The more water you add (post-cac air temp is an easy way to measure how much you need), the more HP (fuel) you can support. Of course it has limits and limited ROI.

brnadon.

25-30 hp sounds about right. I'm running three 15 gph nozzels. The pump won't support any more. I run about 15% meth and get some good cooling. The guys with stock timing can run more meth and seem to make more hp.
Running the water meth I can turn the fuel up with out getting any hotter.

Are you running the DDP4's or the 435's? I might get a Stage2 soon?

I'm thinking Nos is better bang for the buck. Did it clean any smoke up? If you check out Brandons Vids, you can see he's putting out a good haze out of the exhast, but smoking nuthin but tires.

The burnout videos don't have any spray. I was at part throttle trying to keep EGT < 1300F.

brnadon.

I figured you would need a little nos to get it started, but I guess not.

Trapper said:
I'm thinking Nos is better bang for the buck. Did it clean any smoke up? If you check out Brandons Vids, you can see he's putting out a good haze out of the exhast, but smoking nuthin but tires.
25-30hp is a bargin at $1.00 per gal.

Yeah I have been thinking about going to the spray, then maybe I can run a bigger turbo too!*nx*

did you dyno 435's ?
then 435's + wather meth?

and got a 30 hp increase? or where the ddp4's in there somewhere?

k THX

mileage change from 435's to ddp4s ? you must have filled up lately lol

Bumped the timing up to 21* tonite. Runs way better, cools more and the meth seems more effective and doesnt pop anymore. Truck has a different sound to it. Should have done it sooner.

so... how much more power do you think you gained from the 435's to the DDP4's???

I am wondering more about getting some DDP4's. But i love the 435's so far.

Lance