More problems with the 97...

hainesboy

Tech in training
So recently I've had a couple more issues come up with my pickup. First is a mystery vibration that is fairly centralized in the running gear. A couple notes, I swapped it over to an nv4500 and when i did it i had to build a spacer plate between the transfer case and crossmember that raised the transfer case about 1/2'' to 3/4''. Second, I replaced the entire rear axle this summer because A rear wheel bearing went out and ate the spindle. It was cheaper than having the spindle chopped and replaced and the other parts. There was no excess play in the rear end and has plenty of fluid. I have replaced the carrier bearing and another u-joint. The transfer case had a small leak and when i checked it there was under a quart left in it. I refilled it and seemed to take care of the problem. it came back. Any thoughts? Also my exhaust manifold has shrunk and broke off the top bolts on the first two cylinders. They just recently started leaking and now i have oil seeping from the first exhaust port. me thinks it may be a valve guide seal. Any input is greatly appreciated.

May want to get your drive shaft checked for balance also i managed to spread my pinion yoke about 1/8th inch one time which caused a pretty good vibration.

Sounds like your driveline is out of phase

Monkey Fist Rage