More Smoke

cumminssoon

I HAVE A 12 VALVE AND MY BUDDYS GOT A 24 VALVE AND HE WANTS MORE SMOKE WHATS THE EASIEST AND CHEAPEST WAY TO GET MORE UN BURNT FUEL I KNOW 12 VALVES YOU TURN THE STAR WHEEL BUT DONT KNOW ABOUT THE 24s ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS:Cheer:

A bad Turbo will give you lot's of Smoke. Just jam a screwdriver in the Compressor wheel. LOL

Someone will be along to help you shortly.

I found that stuffing a cantaloupe in the compressor intake, significantly increased the smoke output. Give it a shot and report back if it worked for him as well.

Wrap the air filter with a trash bag, that should do the trick.

It just occurred to me that you could plumb the intake and output side of the compressor into the cab and have an in-cab smoothie machine. Drop in some strawberries, a banana, and a couple ice cubes, and wala... nutritional shakes on the go!

OK OK I started this so I'll give you a few Pointers . The point everyone is trying to make is. Making a truck just smoke is easy. Making it run faster or pull further is way more impressive than just smoke.

Injectors would be the easiest way to get a 24valve to smoke. But smoke doesn't always make more power like others have stated. But you want to start with basic mods first. Intake, Exhaust, Then a Box or Programmer, Injectors, Turbo and if your tranny is a auto or manual you better start upgrading that also.

Thanks Josh for getting this back on track after I de-railed it.

derailed1.jpg

I switched from Jammer 4s to Jammer 5s and wholy crap batman does this truck smoke. I'm switching back to 4s. It will smoke like a freight train with the edge box on 2 and low boost fuel on 1. I like to control it so I'm not a fan.

It is much more impressive to make power than smoke, I'll second that notion. The "smoke is cool" phase is wearing off now. I want tire eatin' power.

These 5s may be for sale if he wants them. PM me if you are interested. They are not mine, but they may be for sale.

wideopen said:
Thanks Josh for getting this back on track after I de-railed it.

derailed1.jpg
I thought my blender idea was the epitome of innovative thinking?

I concur. Smoke and mixed fruity drinks, what more could you want?

Keep in mind there are consequenses when enhancing for more 'smoke'.... You can get more smoke by a fueling enhancement box, but there are air/exhaust improvement steps needed first- free flowing air filtration systems, AFE, S&B, BHAF ect. Next would be some free flowing exhaust upgrades. Then add the fueling box. Above all if he doesnt have the gauges-Boost-Fuel Psi- Exhaust Gas Temp- and depending on which trans he has if an auto an ATF Temp Gauge he should add them in first.

Depending on the Fueling Enhancement Box he chooses- some have these monitoring systems built in- Like the Edge Juice with Attitude. I like the Edge Drag Comp better though but if its an automatic trans truck- expect upgrades there too with this box in short notice.....

There is a difference in big power with smoke and a "honkey rocket" with smoke. He'll need big sticks (7X14+) and a fueling box, there are a lot of boxs such as a redline, edge drag comp, juice with attitude, TST, etc. With smoke comes high egts, if he's making a lot of smoke he's probably not making much boost. Tell him not to be a poser and build it right. Build power. www.bigpowerdiesel.com

for ****s and giggles you can take a hose off the intercooler. otherwise its more fuel and a bigger vp would help....hey i got one for sale..:pop: