Motor mounts

kleann

VP44 pwr
Does anyone make better mounts other than midgets? Can't bring myself to pay $325 for them.

x2 on hardway performance. if les will chime in he knows as well...

Pretty sure Hardway only makes them for a 6.7L. The Carli mounts are nice, but retail for $350 also. I personally have the Midget's mounts and like them.

Back at the Texas race Ryan told me they were working on a 5.9 3rd gen mount. The Passenger side is the same I believe the drivers side is a little different.

6.7 mounts won't work on a 06-07 frame.

Tried them out myself... Maybe we're working with different mounts. Unsure what I'm going to do yet, 6.7 is easier to work with though if I want to fab something up myself.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Tried them out myself... Maybe we're working with different mounts. Unsure what I'm going to do yet, 6.7 is easier to work with though if I want to fab something up myself.

Yeah, the mounts will fit in the brackets, they'll mount to the block, the rubber is flexible to stab the saddle bolts, then after a few double takes that engine will look a little cock-eyed. Ignore it, thinking you had a few too many, then stab the trans and wonder why the trans mount studs are 2 inches from the mounting holes in the cross member.

One huge fit and many wrenches were thrown....

Yeah, the mounts will fit in the brackets, they'll mount to the block, the rubber is flexible to stab the saddle bolts, then after a few double takes that engine will look a little cock-eyed. Ignore it, thinking you had a few too many, then stab the trans and wonder why the trans mount studs are 2 inches from the mounting holes in the cross member.

One huge fit and many wrenches were thrown....

LMAO :woohoo: Love learning from others! And in the 6.7 box they go!

Back