Motor Rebuild

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Since it looks like my motor might be trashed I need to start looking for parts so I can start selling my arms and legs and kidneys and what not. Where would I start looking for pistons and rings? Assuming I don't need to have a cylinder sleeved, how much am I looking to have an inframe hone done on the motor? Could I possibly hone the motor myself? How much am I looking at to have my motor overhauled? I'm hoping to save in labor since I can do a lot of the work myself (such as pulling the head, oil pan, pistons (maybe??), etc.). I never thought I'd ever hear myself asking this question but oh well. Guess one motor isn't as indestructible as the next.

What Happned? I didnt know you killed it

It's gut shot so I figure I might as well get the parts together to do surgery. Read my thread a couple posts down called screwed motor. I'm praying that it's something simple like maybe a jacked up vaccum pump or an internally blown headgasket but I'm not that lucky. There goes my billet tranny.

That sucks bud. I hope it is an easy fix for you

BgBlDodge said:
Since it looks like my motor might be trashed I need to start looking for parts so I can start selling my arms and legs and kidneys and what not. Where would I start looking for pistons and rings? Assuming I don't need to have a cylinder sleeved, how much am I looking to have an inframe hone done on the motor? Could I possibly hone the motor myself? How much am I looking at to have my motor overhauled? I'm hoping to save in labor since I can do a lot of the work myself (such as pulling the head, oil pan, pistons (maybe??), etc.). I never thought I'd ever hear myself asking this question but oh well. Guess one motor isn't as indestructible as the next.

sorry to hear about the possibility of your engine being blown. :pop: It happen to me recently too.

There's a bunch of places to buy what you're looking for... that's gonna be a fun one for you. I just wanted to say.... it's the parts in the build that are gonna get you, not the labor. If you can do it yourself... send the long block out for the machine work and start buyin' parts to go back in it.

Ya know, if I do have to rebuild the motor, the thought of throwing a 12v in has entered my mind. We'll see though.

BgBlDodge said:
Ya know, if I do have to rebuild the motor, the thought of throwing a 12v in has entered my mind. We'll see though.

:evil U can find complete motors with pumps for a decent price most of the time. 96-98 is your best bet for pumps. Auto or 5spd, doesnt matter much. 180 and 215 are both great pumps

I planned on finding one between those years. Preferably automatic since that's what I'm running. Didn't they put a 47re in those years?