Motor/tranny Swap

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
How difficult is it to swap a 727 out with a newer tranny like a 47re? The problem is I've got a 95 2wd with a 12v obviously... and I'd like to swap that into a 93 4x4 and get a 47re and swap that in. I'm assuming a custom drive shaft would be needed... but how well does a newer tranny bolt up... if it does at all?

You'll need 2nd gen adapter plate (it is thicker to allow bigger lockup converter), 2nd gen flexplate, 2nd gen starter. And the 47re is electronic so it would need a stand alone controller or a manual valve body. But if your truck is a 95 and you are gonna use that transmission which is a 47rh, then it is mechanical and you won't have to worry about that except OD and Lockup which is electronically controlled. Since it is 2wd tranny, you'll need to get a 4x4 tailshaft for the transmission to work if you want the 93 to be a 4x4. I've heard the rear drivelines work fine, but the front driveshaft will need to be longer.

I've got a 47rh I'm gonna swap in my 92, but I'm still gathering parts.

I wasn't going to use the tranny in the 95... but I might. Thanks for the info! Good luck on your swap! :Cheer: