Motorhome Power upgrade

morkable

Just Over Broke
Well I think I have just pulled the trigger on a new to me motorhome. It is a 03 with the 400 cummins ISL engine. What is there available for power upgrades on this?
I am thinking a W/M kit would be good, but I wasnt sure if this is a electronically controlled engine or not, if it is, what is there available for power enhancers for it

Thanks

I've always wondered if a TST would work. What turbo is on it?

it is an electronically controlled engine yes, you could compare it to the CR engine, but it more closely resembles the ISX, i imagine there is an MP-8 for those as well, i cant think of anything other than that as far as upgrades

I cant find anything on TS website or Dr P for the ISL engine. I might be just going with a water meth kit and calling it good by the looks of it,,, unless someone else has something... is this engine electronic being as it is a 2003?

yes, its an electronic engine, it was previously called an L-10, but, yours is the first year of the electronic HPCR engine with a variable geometry turbo

I will give them a shout, but I had better wait till the darn thing is signed sealed and delievered,, LOL

yes, its an electronic engine, it was previously called an L-10, but, yours is the first year of the electronic HPCR engine with a variable geometry turbo

Keep in mind that the ISL and L10 are not related... Different Setup all together. The L10's block is Physically larger and significantly similar to the ISM.

Keep in mind that the ISL and L10 are not related... Different Setup all together. The L10's block is Physically larger and significantly similar to the ISM.

yes, thats correct, i forgot to add that part to my post, thanks for clarifying

I Think Thank Edge Has A Ez For That Not 100 Percent Sure But I Have Install Ez In Motorhomes Before And Work Very Well

If it is related to the L10 it would be a M11. The have a computer controlled injector that controls the amount of fuel let into the injector and then they are triggered by a cam.
If it is a M11 they can be turned up to 400 horse but you need to check how much the allison behind it is rated for.
If it is a isx I'm not sure.

Well I think I have just pulled the trigger on a new to me motorhome. It is a 03 with the 400 cummins ISL engine. What is there available for power upgrades on this?
I am thinking a W/M kit would be good, but I wasnt sure if this is a electronically controlled engine or not, if it is, what is there available for power enhancers for it

Thanks

Just curious, what size is the 400HP cummins?

Thanks

8.9L As I have found out since this post started there are no products available for this unit. It has a CAPS fuel system on it. BUT to be honest I am pretty happy with it regardless. I have been towing my car trailer (3500#) and my 2010 ford CC/SB on it (about a 12k total weight) been almost getting 10 MPG and seems to pull hills like a champ. Pretty happy,, still thinking about the W/M though

You can take it to a Cummins dealer, and see if anyone wants to flash it with a firetruck flash under the table.