MP8 and edge stack?

JHud

can you stack a mp8 with an edge juice with attitude on an 06? If not what can you stack safely with these truck? I know SCT is the chit but he already has the edge and i can't talk him out of it....thanks

You can't stack on the Fords. Tell your friend to buy an SCT or prepare for blown HGs and/or tranny.

or both,but in the end sct is cheaper than replacing either of those. Take the edge off and sell it to some other uninformed sucker I mean person:hehe:

If you can't talk him out of the Edge, tell him yes you can stack em. Then when his motor blows up you can laugh in his face and say "Told ya you shoulda got a SCT!"

I have stacked years ago on my 6l....I did a ts instigator and a powerpup ....before the SCT were popular

I do have a customer stacking a mp8 and a edge.....not sure what the outcome is. I will see if I can find his number and call him tomorrow

I never had a problem with the motor when I stack but the trans lasted about a month

I know you can stack them, my friend had the instigator and superchips on his 04. The point I was making is why? Why blow out your transmission to achieve less horsepower than a custom tuned SCT will give you?

I wouldn't recommend stacking. You can only tell so many lies to our engines before they call it quits.

A good custom tune will be the better all around choice in my opinion.

yeah see i got the x3 and i also have the mp8 sittin in the seat of my truck and i was plannin on callin Eric tomorrow to see if he could set a tune compatable with the mp8.. anyone know about this?

my bro stack his edge with bully dog...it was fast! but the tranny was gone within 5 weeks! SCT all the way

my bro stack his edge with bully dog...it was fast! but the tranny was gone within 5 weeks! SCT all the way

before i got my SCT i also stacked the edge juice/attitude with the triple dog. Best 1/8th mile run with that stacked setup was a 8.91. It ran really hot though and i had to run lots of water to cool it down. I really wouldn't advise stacking though...there's no point in it. Tranny is gonna shift really bad and it wouldn't last long like others have said.

Why not have him stack the SCT with it? You can probably find someone capable of tuning an SCT to work well with the Edge so that the Edge doesn't eat his trans. Won't get much more power, but atl3east you'll save his trans. Another option would be EFI live.

Stacking other tuners/chips with an Edge is a definite recipe for problems as mentioned above.

Why not have him stack the SCT with it? You can probably find someone capable of tuning an SCT to work well with the Edge so that the Edge doesn't eat his trans. Won't get much more power, but atl3east you'll save his trans. Another option would be EFI live.

Stacking other tuners/chips with an Edge is a definite recipe for problems as mentioned above.

Ralph, EFI live is duramax stuff not ford. I don't believe EFI has done ford tuning have they? Also if he gets and SCT there will be no need for the edge then. He can sell the edge and maybe put a few hundred bucks in the pocket or towards something else.