MPG???

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Just curious, a buddy claims he's knocking down 23mpg on the highway and 18 on average (highway/city). His truck is a stock 08 extend cab 2x4 with the megahorn tip removed. I think the truck weighed about 6200 if I remember correctly on the scale we took it to. Has some chrome tip on it and actually used to have a fake dumby tip he removed. Possible or unlikely?

23 seems high.

If he still has the DPF on he is full of poop, if he has the DPF taken off, maybe 20mpg is possible ALL highway...

Ok, that's what I was thinking myself, thanks guys. He says the overhead indicates the mpg but in my experience with my previous 2002 ford the overhead is not always right!

note: there is no overhead in new GM's.
in dash reading..

Dash, overhead, whatever lol. Its fresh in my mind as the overhead because of the old ford I had, thanks for the correction!

I have an 08 with out the dpf and I get 22.6 hwy and 18.5 in intown but I never get over 64 mph. if i go 75 i only get 19 hwy

how loud is it tho?
i hate loud trucks now so i do not want it loud like older duramax's..
but i just am tired of this 13mpg i'm getting.

we have a 3500 easily getting 23 on highway with no problem. Harleys 2500 and my 250 are getting 18 to 19 on highway both of them have some serious mods.

Back