MT Wheel pics..

Any of you guys out there running the mickey thompson wheels? I looking at getting a set, im torn between the classic w/ lock or the classic II's. Any pictures of them on 2nd gens?? Anything good/bad to say about them? Thanks for the help

I'd keep looking, but I also don't like that style of rim. I've noticed that most rims look good on the 2nd gen body so if you want them, get em.

This is the best one I can find of my buddy's truck, it has 16.5 x 9.75 M/T Classic II's.

IMG_1669.jpg

Oh then maybe they don't have much of a selection anymore. Well I guess that shows how long I've been away from single wheels. lol

nah, weld is back..they restructured or w/e but they did buy themselves back from american racing. check into it though

I think if he didn't like the MT styles he wouldn't have asked for pictures of them. :bang:

I run a set of Ultra wheels that have a very similar look to the MT classic II's but possibly slightly smaller holes. Check out my pictures

IMO if you want to bead lock look don't be a poser, get the real things. $.02

Thanks guys!! This helps alot! Im starting to lean more towards the classic II's but I'd still like to see a few more pics of the classic locks..

are you anal about a clean/perfect looking truck? if you are, you will get tired of polishing wheels.

Mine came with some almost like the classics, never again. Looks great new or after you re-polish them... but dont last long.
l_ef567525f51941ddb1f4156f7764d3b0.jpg

l_d3b2f099185645b48939d8fcfb5e7efe.jpg

Not sure what these are, just some other trucks i have uploaded
l_8d16bf48047146b28833e3f17a886371.jpg

Thanks guys, leaning more towards the classis IIs now, but Idk maybe its jus bc i havent seen many of the classic w/ locks.. anyone got any good pics of them? Thanks

<<< Classic locks If get mud or snow in them they get out of balance and you have to wash them out1 the muds not that bad because you have to wash the truck any way ,but you can be sure most of the winter they will be out of balance if it doen't live in a heated shop! I love the look but not a fan of polishing and washing all the time!

Here is the ones I used to have on my truck, still have them but need tires, 16.5 X 12" MT Classic II's

Attachments

• MT's.jpg
    MT's.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 29
Thanks guys!! Very nice looking trucks!!

Oaborbag - What size tires were on that truck? Looks really good!

smokin24valve - Looks great!! What made you go with the 16.5 instead of the stock 16? Any advantage.. or just looks? Are 16.5 tires harder to find or more expensive?

What would be the difference between gettin a 10in wide wheel compared to a 12in? Would it make the tire wider? Could i still fit a 315 75 16 or a 35-12.5-16 on a 12 in wide wheel? Would it ride any differently? I like the looks of the wider tire... Whats the difference?

They are 33 X 14.5's swamper SSR Radials.

If I had to do it again I'd avoid 16.5's. Hard to find tires for them and when you do you're quite limited. I loved the way the truck looked with those tires though, just need some new treads, just very pricey.

Back