Mud-terrian tires

olred07

Diesels for Christ
Whats everybodies choice on mud terrian tires. Far as last the longest and still pretty smooth.

Truck came with 37" Xterrain Pro Comps on it, 38K miles on them and I just sold them with 30 or so percent life left. Ran fairly smooth, not too loud, and absolutely terrible on anything that resembled snow or slick roads.
Now running MTZ's, They are wider, and have minor darty qualities that come with the territory. Look awesome, super quiet, work well for a mud tire in the snow/slush, and only have a 1000 miles on them, so life i cant comment on.
And of course, lots of guys have good luck with Toyo MT's, pricey, but they ride nice, seem to last a long time, and look good.

I have heard nothing but great things about the Toyo MT. They are supposed to wear amazing and perform pretty well aswell. They will be my next tire...

Toyo MT's are great tires. Buddy has a set of 40's that have 26k miles on them with a little life left. I am running BFG MT KM2's with great results so far.

Kumho Road Venture MT and Toyo Open Country MT

Kumho is directional, but looks more aggressive and is quieter.

As a more budget friendly alternative to the Toyos, you might try looking into the Cooper STT.

100_1093.jpg

Back