Multifunctional switch

cerickson

fullpull108
On my 2002 dodge my turn signals and flashers quit working yesterday. Question I have could it be the multifunctional switch on the column? I traced wires to signals and none are broke or cut. I went by o'reillys and put new flasher in to no avail. Just wanting some input before I go out and purchase the switch. Anybody got any other ideas on what it mite be? If it helps the highbes and the wipers work. Could just the light side of the switch go out? I also did search and found nothing about this except either being the flasher or busted wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If its not the switch, check the grounds under the underhood fusebox.

Thanks for the quick help guys. Got a switch going to change it now. Fingers crossed.

Switch is installed still no signals. I do have brake lights though. I hate electrical issues!

Guess will be going thru the whole truck in the morning. Maybe it will be something simple.

On mine it was a broken wire in the multipin connector that goes into the switch, it was hard to find. To make it easier, get the wiring diagrams and do a continuity test from the switch connector to the termination point(s) at the flasher relay. Also check to make sure you are getting power and grounds where you are supposed to be.

Stay away from the discount parts house switches, they are complete crap.

On mine it was a broken wire in the multipin connector that goes into the switch, it was hard to find. To make it easier, get the wiring diagrams and do a continuity test from the switch connector to the termination point(s) at the flasher relay. Also check to make sure you are getting power and grounds where you are supposed to be.

Stay away from the discount parts house switches, they are complete crap.

This ^^

The only way to keep sanity with wiring is use a multimeter and wiring diagram. Remember just because a fuse or wire LOOKS good doesn't mean it is. The pin could be diked up, wire could be broken, fuse could be burnt where you cannot see it, etc...

Start at the source. Find power. If you have power then move down the line working towards the load. You will find the issue eventually.