Mustang guy from Pennsylvania

s281jim

Hello all. I am new to the world of diesels. I bought a 2001 Dodge CTD 4x4 in late August, mainly as a tow rig for my car. I planned on keeping it stock but I think I am catching the same sickness as I aquired with my mustang. I bought it reasonable from my father who took meticulous care of it from new. My only concern with the truck is it seems to hang in drive for awhile before it shifts into OD, but dad says it has done that since it came off the showroom floor. I am a member of several mustang forums, but this is going to be my only truck forum. I look forward to gaining knowledge from everyone and poking a little fun from time to time.

Watsontown PA, 10 minutes south of Williamsport, an hour north of Harrisburg.

Welcome to CompDiesel

I roll through your area every year for Fords at Carlisle. We stay in Harrisburg

Welcome, only about 1 hour 10 minutes north of me.
Beware, the diesel addiction is strong.

Alot of you guys have probably been driving diesels for awhile so you may be used to it, but I can not believe the attention a diesel truck demands. In traffic, in towns it is simply amazing.

First you thing you might want to do to your truck is get some gauges, mainly fuel pressure. The lift pumps on our model truck are rather prone to failure if you don't watch them. And when they go, they take your $1000+ inj. pump with them...And welcome to CompD also...Go Steelers!

Hey man. Welcome to CompD. What mustang forums are you on? What kinda stang you got?

Mike

Welcome to the Forums, I am pretty new here as well. Do you have a S281? I have a 07 GT You are way on the other side of the state though.

Be careful, pretty soon you'll be wanting to race your truck against your Mustangs...its all downhill from there.

Turbowine, nice truck. I like that color, is that the truck in your sig?

WUnderwood said:
turn back now! this place is the devil! it will empty your wallet

money does you no good when your dead so you might as well spen it on something that you like. and welcome to the others

s281jim said:
Hello all. I am new to the world of diesels. I bought a 2001 Dodge CTD 4x4 in late August, mainly as a tow rig for my car. I planned on keeping it stock but I think I am catching the same sickness as I aquired with my mustang. I bought it reasonable from my father who took meticulous care of it from new. My only concern with the truck is it seems to hang in drive for awhile before it shifts into OD, but dad says it has done that since it came off the showroom floor. I am a member of several mustang forums, but this is going to be my only truck forum. I look forward to gaining knowledge from everyone and poking a little fun from time to time.

Hey its good to see you guys joining. There are a couple guys form your area on here. I'm originally from Loyalsock, PA. Got alot of friends down hughesville and miton area with diesel. I'm sure you'll find more people that love the trucks just as much as us. Dan paulhamus up in Jersey Shore is a good guy to work with, real quality work. Him and I used to battle alot at the local pulls but a very respectable guy. There another guy downin milton that goes down to beaver springs raceway almost every weekend during the summer. There are alot of guys around the home town to hang out with. Jesse up at Apple Hill 4x4 can also help ya out, good friend of mind plus really fun to hang out with.

JFlagg said:
First you thing you might want to do to your truck is get some gauges, mainly fuel pressure. The lift pumps on our model truck are rather prone to failure if you don't watch them. And when they go, they take your $1000+ inj. pump with them...And welcome to CompD also...Go Steelers!
You aren't the first to tell me that. I have 2" autometer pro-comp gauges in my car on the a-pillar. I think the fuel pressure gauge goes up to 100psi. Is that the same gauge I would want for the truck? What should the fuel pressure read I guess is my question. I imagine somebody makes an a-pillar gauge pod for the Dodge Ram. I was also told to get a transmission temp gauge, is that a good idea?

Back