Mustang guy from Pennsylvania

silverline1 said:
Hey man. Welcome to CompD. What mustang forums are you on? What kinda stang you got?

Mike
I am on the corral, modular depot and modularfords. I have a 2001 GT with a Saleen body kit, procharger D1-SC, 5-speed, Bullitt seats and a ton of other stuff. Right now the motor is out of it I toasted the pistons on the right bank so I am upgrading to even better components and this time going with a teksid block. I am also upgrading to the '03 cobra tank and dual Ford GT pumps because I had a slight lean condition at high RPM with the single Ford GT pump and I am going to add 3 more pound of boost.

I also have a stone stock 1987 GT Convertible that is my car from high school so it could use some minor body work and a paint job.

My original straight line car is my 1986 GT. Haven't driven it in years and currently sits as a roller because I got tired of messing with carburetors.

GSM-01 said:
Jesse up at Apple Hill 4x4 can also help ya out, good friend of mind plus really fun to hang out with.
A guy that I rent garage space to works at Apple Hill. Where are the local truck pulls? The only one I knew of was Antes Fort and they make you buy a damn membership to pull one time a year...!???? I used to pull my V8 ranger 4x4 at the West End Fair in Laurelton.

s281jim said:
A guy that I rent garage space to works at Apple Hill. Where are the local truck pulls? The only one I knew of was Antes Fort and they make you buy a damn membership to pull one time a year...!???? I used to pull my V8 ranger 4x4 at the West End Fair in Laurelton.

I went to antes forte last year and everyone was ticked off at me for bringing my truck in. Even the twin boys were mad and I only had a VP44 and a large single at that. There are some other local pulls we would go to. I used to work at Woolever Brothers Transportation in Montoursville and helped build his and Chris Hoyts Pro Mod tractors. I don't have the schedule with me but Antes Fort was the big thing, we even pulled at Hughesville fair a few years back when they allowed it. I'm trying to get a truck around to do the same this year as a exhibition. Middleburg has some pulls as well. Carson Stauffer and his gang usually go to those pull as they are a few a month. Grange Fair in State college also has plls every year during the fair. Pulled there a couple times, usually is really just street truck but Steve Stolfus usually shows up with a really nice Street Class truck. We had a few days down at beaver spring with diesel drag racing in which the Carson Stauffer gang along with Steve and a few other showed up to blow some smoke. The main places I went, if I rememebr right were Antes Forte, Middleburg, Grange fair, washingtonville, troy and loyalsockville. There was oen other up above little bear creek but I forget what the name of the town was off the top of my head.

sounds like a nice ride. I have a V6 car myself, and a 98 4 valve sitting in the corner just incase. Our main V6 runs 10.50's, but were building new engines for both the cars so they'll go 9.50's

Just looking around and noticed a new PA'er.. and heck! you're from Watsontown. Yep.. I'm right down the stream, in Milton. I'm also the one that GSM mentioned that goes to Beaver Springs often in the summer. "Jdog56" is Jessie from up at Apple Hill, he's also a member on here. His truck is black with a single stack, mine's white with traditional undertruck exhaust. Both are also regular cabs with a "CUMMINS" banner across the windshield. He rolls up through 405 everyday to and from work, very likely to see his truck.

I think GSM got about all of the local area pulls, but i do also travel a little to some of the southern and northeast portions of the state to see pulling throughout the summer. One big one is The Buck near Lancaster. Antes Fort is like a lot of the smaller organizations, 10 dollars a year to join plus your hook fee. Seems like a waste for a once a year visit/pull, but somewhere like The Buck for instance you'll pay $17 to get in (12 to get in, 5 for pit pass) then another $20 to hook, ..and that's every time. But, they do put on a heck of a show down there! A lot of the modified pullers have had trouble with the tech inspection in the past, seems the rules and enforcement has needed some restructuring, we'll see how it goes this year.

I take it that you were at Antes Fort this past year?? I know GSM wasn't, this was after his departure to Missouri. The track was a muddy mess, I know there must have been clumps of mud coming from my tires for at least 5 miles after getting on 44 and heading home after the rain.. LoL. I think i placed 4th at that one.. since the gasser tractors couldn't move the sled any more than 3 feet, they thought they'd jump to the heavy artillery for the night (8000# diesel pickups). I was already kicked back patiently waiting for everything else to get over with.. since our class was to be one of the last classes for the night. I was to be the 2nd puller in the class, but ended up pulling 3rd or 4th position. It was a mess trying to get through the confusion to the scales and then to the track.

It was only a couple years ago that GSM and I would duke it out at BSD with our 15/16 second trucks.. slow turds! That was when he had his 98.5. This past year, Memorial Day weekend '07, he (GSM-01) organized a wonderful get-together of several good running diesel pickups. That was also the last of my OEM trans output shaft, I have some nice pictures of my truck getting pushed off the track..

Attachments

• 04_14_06_BSD.jpg
    04_14_06_BSD.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 5-25-07-BSD-FRI 391.jpg
    5-25-07-BSD-FRI 391.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5
:welcome: from Tunkhannock, Wyoming County... 30 min. west of Scranton. I sold my 2002 GT drop top for my Duramax. Have fun, im pretty new as well... and yeah, your going to turn into a truck nut.:Cheer:

nick17847 said:
Just looking around and noticed a new PA'er.. and heck! you're from Watsontown. Yep.. I'm right down the stream, in Milton. I'm also the one that GSM mentioned that goes to Beaver Springs often in the summer. "Jdog56" is Jessie from up at Apple Hill, he's also a member on here. His truck is black with a single stack, mine's white with traditional undertruck exhaust. Both are also regular cabs with a "CUMMINS" banner across the windshield. He rolls up through 405 everyday to and from work, very likely to see his truck.

I think GSM got about all of the local area pulls, but i do also travel a little to some of the southern and northeast portions of the state to see pulling throughout the summer. One big one is The Buck near Lancaster. Antes Fort is like a lot of the smaller organizations, 10 dollars a year to join plus your hook fee. Seems like a waste for a once a year visit/pull, but somewhere like The Buck for instance you'll pay $17 to get in (12 to get in, 5 for pit pass) then another $20 to hook, ..and that's every time. But, they do put on a heck of a show down there! A lot of the modified pullers have had trouble with the tech inspection in the past, seems the rules and enforcement has needed some restructuring, we'll see how it goes this year.

I take it that you were at Antes Fort this past year?? I know GSM wasn't, this was after his departure to Missouri. The track was a muddy mess, I know there must have been clumps of mud coming from my tires for at least 5 miles after getting on 44 and heading home after the rain.. LoL. I think i placed 4th at that one.. since the gasser tractors couldn't move the sled any more than 3 feet, they thought they'd jump to the heavy artillery for the night (8000# diesel pickups). I was already kicked back patiently waiting for everything else to get over with.. since our class was to be one of the last classes for the night. I was to be the 2nd puller in the class, but ended up pulling 3rd or 4th position. It was a mess trying to get through the confusion to the scales and then to the track.

It was only a couple years ago that GSM and I would duke it out at BSD with our 15/16 second trucks.. slow turds! That was when he had his 98.5. This past year, Memorial Day weekend '07, he (GSM-01) organized a wonderful get-together of several good running diesel pickups. That was also the last of my OEM trans output shaft, I have some nice pictures of my truck getting pushed off the track..

Ahh yes.... I remember that red truck pictured.... Guy was a total jerk! :hehe:

I was running 15/16 range until I decided that a IP failure meant replace everything under the hood... I do not advise many people on taking the same steps I did as it lead to a truck with a little too much power in a ditch because I liked speed to much. To bad it wasn't on the road this year as I'm sure with Nick's new upgrades we would have had fun. I was running low 14s on an untuned truck and I think Nick is now into the 13s which I should have been close with tuning and the new tranny.

As Nick said, I put a event on down at Beaver Spring Memorial day this year and might have to try and do the same for next year, though it will be depending on my schedule. If anything I might be able to get ahold of alot of my old friends and get them down there again for another running of the show.

As Nick also said, I covered many of the main pulls within about an hour of your area, however there are many others as you get down into the Carlisle/Hershey/Allentown area. The Buck (Buck Motorsports Complex) is prolly one of these greatest, if not the greatest pulling arena on the east coast with something going on about every weekend. There are also alot of great truck/big rigs/tractors that go there as well so if there isn't a pick up pull then the others are just as good with the Lucas Series and NTPA among others showing up for events. I pulled mainly tractors up there as I said I worked for Woolever Bros Trans on their Pro Limited Tractor and also worked with the Hoyt Team as well as Art and them were good friends since we both ran Case tractors. Unfortunately due to that I was mainly concerned with the tractor events. Tracks from Newville all the way over to the Wilkes Barre Area have some good pulls. Another on in which trucks should try and get into is the Troy Fair in Troy, PA.

I want to try and make it to Hughesville this year with a new truck (Nick don't ask me what I'm doing, I can't say :evil ) and run an exhibition for the Board and see that if the truck are there, for the following years also run the trucks as well. Hughesville's track is always perfect which would be a good setting for the trucks, the problem will only be making sure there is a strong following. I think if I bring my truck up and show the strenght of those in the area, they may change their mind as they used to have pickup trucks and no one has gone back to argue the fact that they should be there but right now my plans are to be there with my new truck. Its a long haul from Springfield, MO but I want to make it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Nick, depending on how this ice storm goes down here I will be back in PA soon. If we have a bad ice storm I will have to stay for clean up, if not, I will be back up there prolly by the end of the week. We should work on a get together and see who all is around and what is going on. I got my old phone so if you get a chance give me a call. Now, back to planning......

:welcome: from another PA member! If u get hooked up with Carson Stoufer they come down to the pulls in my area!! Some of the pulls around here are McConnellsburg, Shippensburg, Hammonds Groove (Dry Run), Shade Gap, there is a new place past Dry Run called East Waterford that is starting to have pulls and then theres Bedford and a few others. McConnellsburg,Shippensburg and Bedford all have theirs at their fairgrounds!!
It would be cool to see and meet some members from here at a few of these pulls.
Have fun with your new addiction and again Welcome to CompD!!

Buddy

There is a couple of ya here. Unfortunately I am not oen of yall anymore for I will visit from time to time.. LOL

Carson Stauffer and the guys are really good guys as Bswope mentioned. I got along with all of them, Jason, Carson, etc.. and their Cummins powered Fords always put on a good show.

And i forgot the fellas at East Coast Diesel (Ladell Weaver) are a great group of fellers too, them boys there put on one heck of a show and have some power house pullers!! And that Fummins of Carsons is a tank as well!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I will have to look into the 'Bucks Motorsports Complex.' I am just purely into spectating right now because my truck is bone stock. Speaking of which, what does a stock 2001 Reg cab 4x4 automatic run in the 1/4 mile? It has 3.54 gears to boot. Maybe a low 17?

s281jim said:
Thanks for all the info guys. I will have to look into the 'Bucks Motorsports Complex.' I am just purely into spectating right now because my truck is bone stock. Speaking of which, what does a stock 2001 Reg cab 4x4 automatic run in the 1/4 mile? It has 3.54 gears to boot. Maybe a low 17?

About that, not far off. My ext cab long bed stock prolly ran that.

s281jim said:

How fast?, only one way to find out.. In late March/early April when the weather breaks, we'll just have to visit BSD on a Friday night and find out. Don't worry, they have a "bone stock truck" class, and it's loaded with F150s and Silverados running 17s and 18s.. My truck even fits right in..
I'll provide a synopsis below of my trap speeds and ETs in stages dating back to when my '96 was showroom stock.

s281jim, When spring rolls around and it's time for events to start kicking up, feel free to PM me for a phone number or anything about meeting up and convoying to BSD, The Buck, Spring Fling dyno or wherever.. Even over the winter, some meet n' greets, dinner get togethers, etc.. do happen... If i hear of any, I'll make sure they do get posted on this site too.

Ok, ..to give you an idea of how your truck may perform in the 1/4 mile.. You may be disappointed. All my runs were at BSD. Bone stock; including all OEM exhaust and intake box with 285s under it ran a 19.1 @ 70 MPH. My stock ratings where 180/420. Note, slight increase with your stock ratings, have to adjust it accordingly.. yours should be 235/460.

Now, after i got a good trans in and was ready to start playing around.. I slid my stock fuel plate full-forward, it's said that this is good for 50hp. I dunno, never dynoed it before i had a cut plate. Truck was straight-piped and had a BHAF on at this point also. Max boost was 30 psi with a non-functional wastegate. Best times at this stage was 17.4 @ 75 MPH

Then, it was time to take my stocker to the final stage of basic free 12 valve tuning. With a cut plate, best was 15.6 @ 87 MPH. At this time, truck also dynoed 315/774 on a Dynojet.

And finally.. :nopics:
Since we were yakking about some of the names on the pulling circuit around the area.. I thought I'd share some pics.

-pics of Ladell's black '95 puller, taken at The Buck.

-Carson's white crewcab/longbed '00 PowerStroke puller, taken at Troy Fair.

-Steve Stolzfus' 94 puller, taken at Middlecreek.

-Steve's '06 (tow truck) at BSD.

I have pics of all others mentioned as well, but too big.

Attachments

• 2003_Ladell_Buck.jpg
    2003_Ladell_Buck.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1995_Ladell_Weaver_black.jpg
    1995_Ladell_Weaver_black.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Union11.JPG
    Union11.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 2
  • index.89.jpg
    index.89.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2
And not one good one of my truck.... And I thought we were friends... :hehe:

That's an old pick of ladel's truck from what I remember, he is running a single stack now.

Steve usually pulls in the State College/Clearfield area against guys like Mike Barr (the god of the gas pullers in the area.... I will get him....)

Hey Nick, maybe a pull at Hughesville this year? I'll see what I can get out of the board.

Yea-yea-yea.... They're all too big, like 300 KB, max allowed upload size is about 117 KB. My cheap camera takes blurry pics anyway, all the smaller ones i have (like above) are ones i stole from elsewhere..

The first Ladell pic is from 2003 with the Swampers. Rams n' Hogs took that, IIRC. The 2nd one is from 2005 with the BFG Muds, TurboDiezel took that one... Ladell's truck was MIA all of last year (2006), but returned this year (2007) with a single stack.

Hughesville.. That's sanctioned by Interstate Pullers, they do actively work diesel pickups into their classes in about all of their pulls south of here.. but seems that this fair pull is just dedicated to all the tractors. It's a sell-out every year, I don't know how you would sway them, other than trying to use an event like Bloom to compare... It usually goes til like midnight every year too, with regular classes and pace classes (BORING!!) with tractors ranging from small gassers up to the modified smokers. In MY humble opinion, I'd move all the pappy crap to Sunday morning or whenever.. and have Friday night exclusively for modified tractors (smokers), street diesel pickups and street semi, just like Troy Fair. It'd be a rather exciting showing. The way it is now.. if i ran to the concession stand every time one of the lesser classes is up, I'd weigh 400 lbs! I know the fairs stage/track schedule is not flexible. If they're not having tractor pulling, a demo derby or figure 8 racing, some performer will be on stage, either comedy or singing.

In years past, Steve has brought his up to run a single exhibition pass and I think Jason (from Carson's) told me that he had questioned them about getting pickups in there.. Other than that, I can only remember the army recruiters being out there during an intermission pulling the sled with their HumVee, ..I don't think the sled was in gear, and they were in a super-low gear pulling, but it was different.. lol!

nick17847 said:
Yea-yea-yea.... They're all too big, like 300 KB, max allowed upload size is about 117 KB. My cheap camera takes blurry pics anyway, all the smaller ones i have (like above) are ones i stole from elsewhere..

The first Ladell pic is from 2003 with the Swampers. Rams n' Hogs took that, IIRC. The 2nd one is from 2005 with the BFG Muds, TurboDiezel took that one... Ladell's truck was MIA all of last year (2006), but returned this year (2007) with a single stack.

Hughesville.. That's sanctioned by Interstate Pullers, they do actively work diesel pickups into their classes in about all of their pulls south of here.. but seems that this fair pull is just dedicated to all the tractors. It's a sell-out every year, I don't know how you would sway them, other than trying to use an event like Bloom to compare... It usually goes til like midnight every year too, with regular classes and pace classes (BORING!!) with tractors ranging from small gassers up to the modified smokers. In MY humble opinion, I'd move all the pappy crap to Sunday morning or whenever.. and have Friday night exclusively for modified tractors (smokers), street diesel pickups and street semi, just like Troy Fair. It'd be a rather exciting showing. The way it is now.. if i ran to the concession stand every time one of the lesser classes is up, I'd weigh 400 lbs! I know the fairs stage/track schedule is not flexible. If they're not having tractor pulling, a demo derby or figure 8 racing, some performer will be on stage, either comedy or singing.

In years past, Steve has brought his up to run a single exhibition pass and I think Jason (from Carson's) told me that he had questioned them about getting pickups in there.. Other than that, I can only remember the army recruiters being out there during an intermission pulling the sled with their HumVee, ..I don't think the sled was in gear, and they were in a super-low gear pulling, but it was different.. lol!

How would I get in with them? That's not the question we should be asking. We have about 10-15 tractors there every year from the smaller gassers to the Pro Mod Pullers that Hoyt and us bring. How do you think I'm standing at the 300ft mark every year? Wait... Don't answer that.:doh:

With what I am working on, I think we could get a couple trucks there. Hodges said he might be interested in coming down as well and I got to talk to Stauffer about it. They would compete against each other and if things work out with what I am doing now I'll only be able to run exhibition or pull with the tractors. I would like to get it going there. You know how much Dan and I pushed those diesel trucks in the Williamsport and Jersey Shore area. Dan was the guy last year at Antes Forte with the brand new chevy we got Blaze to give us to take up and pull. Dan was still ticked I never shifted out of 1st gear that pull and still beat him...LOL There are some good trucks that could pull there. I know Dan is upping his turbo this year finally. For the modified 12mm pump he has on that thing, it was no wonder the smoke never cleared up with an HX35 on it..... JR is thinking about gettin into pulling this year and I'm not sure but Luke may want to as well. Raab always has a bunch of guys that want to pull. Dan's brother is upping his twins this year on the red duallie with stacks you can kick a football through. I though 10in above the cab was alot, Dan's brother has 4 ft above the cab....

Face it, we got the trucks to do it and if Steve and Carson and Hodges and those guys joined in with it, the show could be pretty good. I heard Hodges is going to Gifford or KY in Jan which I might run along with them to test some new stuff. I know the board wanted trucks to compete there but on thursday night with the mini mods and lets face it, Carson's and Steve's and hopefully my trucks are not going to do it if we can't get in front of teh sell out crowds and its only a handful of trucks so its not gong to take much time. Heck start 30mins earlier. They run a tractor ever two mintues and 30 seconds on average. If we show up, just put us in a class where weight isn't going to be an issue and let us run and put on a show. We know they will like it, I got my buddies down in Hughesville hooked on diesels this past summer and I know alot of people would love to see it but I will see what I can do. Interstate doesn't make the decision anyways. They just do what the Fair Board tells them to do. Its why we don't stop at midnight either, Fair Board already has the right to run after that point without having the community complain so its all a matter of the fair board in short.

Back