My 1/4 Mile Run in Houston - DHRA Finals

BilletGarage

Diesel Addict
Now you guys don't honestly believe I would travel all the way to Houston, Texas and not make a run down the strip do you???
:rules:
Good. Then feast your eyes on this 2007 Chevy Impala LTZ with a mind blowing 3.9L V6 power plant courtesy of one of Houston's finest rental car companies and piloted by Yours Truly at the Test n Tune Friday night. If you listen close you can hear me purge the nitrous line before I took the win over that wickedly fast early 90's Accord in the adjacent lane. :hehe: Look at that reaction time folks! I was on fire!!!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Now please, I kindly ask that you be patient. Since this record setting run I have been approached by several top racing teams asking me to drive for them next season. I will be announcing my decision shortly . . .

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/AnthonyMess/?action=view&current=MOV05870.flv

RentalCarTimeslip.jpg

DSC05868.jpg

so does anyone else have a nitrous kit dedecated to rental cars? running lines and wires out the passenger window and stuff or is it just me?

RideIcon said:
so does anyone else have a nitrous kit dedecated to rental cars? running lines and wires out the passenger window and stuff or is it just me?

back in the day (5 years ago or more)yes for neons there was kits flowing around

RideIcon said:

Funny you should mention that . . . :evil

13.82 seconds at 102 MPH for a bone stock Dodge Neon with 150 shot of Nitrous . . . Dangit. That would have been fun!!! Can you imagine needing a helmet to race a rental? LOL

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/users/parmega/articles/neon/

You'd better work on that reaction time if you want to compete for the World Championships of Rental Car Racing ;)

Now if you can just get nitrous on a diesel U-Haul so it can be an official "DHRA" run...

I had several offers to loan me parts if I could have gotten a more modern diesel for my U-Haul exploits.

I also ran a borrowed Jeep Liberty (Thanks, Dennis and Sheila Perry!) at this year's Indy race, and a rental car at last year's "Smokin in the Smokies" event.

Regards,
Michael Pliska