My buddys truck faster?

jyarber

My buddy has been talking some real smack. His truck is pretty quick but I was curious if it could beat 03 6.0 with sct,full exhaust and airaid intake. He has a 05 6.0 with Big Hoss bundle and ATS Aurora 2000 turbo. How fast or faster is his truck then the one I listed? Could I take him on nitrous with a .073 jet?

You're probably pretty close without the nitrous...with it you'll destroy him.
If he added a turbo without injectors...he's getting very little return on his money...add that to his underpowered Banks junk...and he probably makes about the same as an SCT race tune.

Sweet. So if I get a good xtreme race file made with timing retard for the nitrous and have a 4" Full Straight pipe with a Airaid intake and spray the gas with a .073 jet Ill make him look dumb then.. AWESOME!! Can I spray a little bigger shot or is that already pushing it with that size shot?

UNBROKEN said:
You're probably pretty close without the nitrous...with it you'll destroy him.
If he added a turbo without injectors...he's getting very little return on his money...add that to his underpowered Banks junk...and he probably makes about the same as an SCT race tune.

dry...unless you're not scared to hurt something. Wet systems are not so easy to set up...only a few people I would trust to set up a wet system.

Don't know whose tunes you're plannin' on using but I got a tune from Doug at GoGo Diesel (thanx UNBROKEN :) ) that made my '05 4x4 crew-cab run a 14.1 with nothing else but an AFE intake; stock exhaust and everything.

Seemed like a real nice guy when talking to him on the phone too.

Doug is who Ill be using. I have heard nothing but good things from him\

imelmo said:
Don't know whose tunes you're plannin' on using but I got a tune from Doug at GoGo Diesel (thanx UNBROKEN :) ) that made my '05 4x4 crew-cab run a 14.1 with nothing else but an AFE intake; stock exhaust and everything.

Seemed like a real nice guy when talking to him on the phone too.

Hurting something as in internal parts or what? Whats so much harder about setting up a wet kit?

UNBROKEN said:
dry...unless you're not scared to hurt something. Wet systems are not so easy to set up...only a few people I would trust to set up a wet system.

Hurting something as in buying a new motor.
On a wet system...if the balance of added fuel and nitrous isn't just right..as well as getting the fuel atomized right...you WILL blow something up.

Stick to a dry shot.

Pretty much all of the big players here are good with there files. I have run dang near everyones, (Except Elites, HMMMMM, looks like its time to drop a call to those guys), and they are all pretty close. DJ just sent me a file that was freaking awesome. I also have some files from Doug, Innovative, and John Wood, who is tuning my tranny. The hardest part is trying to figure out which one to put in my truck. I am pretty sure I am wearing out my PCM from changing all the time. Right now the new DJ tune is loaded up, as the truck just seems to love it, and it runs flawless. I am trying out some tunes from John Wood also, and working on some really high power files. I just had ARP studs installed, and new heads, so now the truck is ready to build up.

You could take him the way you sit. I have a friend that has the big hoss package and a aurora 3000 and i had him by three cars at a quarter

Back