My First Cummins....

Jake N

Good Times
Alright so I am playing with the idea of turning a 1993 ram350 2wd flatbed into a daily driver. I want to make a short bed single axle out of it and was wondering what kind of power I could get out of the motor on a stock turbo.
What do you guys think? Oh and no :nos: for now.

drop a gear vendors unit behind that trans and you'll get like 25-30 mph once you tune it. my buddy bobby gets 33mph with his tuned 2wd 12v.

You gonna tow? If not a $200 compressor upgrade to the stock turbo and some fuel mods and 350 is within reach, I know that dont sound like alot but these trucks are VERY light compared to later models.

talk to crabelle on here he is the one getting 33mpg with his setup. i know he has changed his injectors and DV's i think he is putting like 400+hp down

Also, I need a trans for it. It had a 5spd and someone stole it! (truck has been sitting for years out in back of where I work). Can I get a 5spd out of a different truck? Like a 1992 1 ton chevy?

You're not going to do that with an non-lockup auto though. The getrag and a 3.07 rear would be the hot ****. That 60mm comp wheel upgrade would be a nice addition. The intercooled trucks had smaller injectors, so i'd swap those out if you are serious about making power.

You can pretty much double the stock output of these things with a pair of needle nose pliers and a screwdriver.

edit: oops i see its a 5 speed. or was. theres a parts truck for sale in the dodge section that has a getrag and new clutch, might check that out.

talk to crabelle on here he is the one getting 33mpg with his setup. i know he has changed his injectors and DV's i think he is putting like 400+hp down

Cool thanks, That would be so fun on the street!

MY old 1st gen all stock with a little tuning and a $16 gov. spring got 19mpg around town and 21mpg+ on the hwy. It also ran a 15.3 at the track only spinning one crappy tire. Not to bad. I raced 3 times and beat a chevy truck. Old v8 firebird and a gt mustang. BTW my truck was UGLY.LOL

Back