My Jetta on the dyno...

looks like it could use a little more air as well as some more fuel!!!:poke:

looks like it could use a little more air as well as some more fuel!!!:poke:

Yeah it only smokes @ WOT though. It has the nozzels when I bought it, and really the only reason I put a chip in it was because I had to to get the check engine light off after the EGR delete. I'm happy I did though....best I saw before the chip was 38mpg...since then I consistantly get between 41-44 mpg! :rockwoot:

Those things sound awesome. Sometimes I wish I wasn't 6'5". I could barely fit in the passenger seat when my buddy had a jetta.

A bigger exhaust for one. What you've got on there is only 3/4" bigger than the turbine wheel exducer.

A bigger exhaust for one. What you've got on there is only 3/4" bigger than the turbine wheel exducer.

I don't think you read my post correctly. :bang I'm not putting anymore money into this car than I have too its severly rusted to the point of not practical to try and fix it. The last sentence was jokingly what I plan to do to a MK4 whenever I actually get one on down the road.

And actually I just noticed I said 2" from turbo back when I actually I meant downpipe back. I couldn't justify $400 on a 2.5" downpipe on this car. Hell I only paid $1200 for the car. LOL :hehe:

Last edited:
I don't think you read my post correctly. :bang I'm not putting anymore money into this car

Do you proofread what you post?
"I'm trying to put as little money into it as I can" does not mean "I'm not putting anymore money into this car".

I sure would like to get mine on the rollers someday.

I installed the T4 tips I think they are the .216, a VNT1749vb turbo, stock exhaust kinda, AFE filter and Kerma tuned and just coolness.

I've also added a CNG system which is a real kick in the butt so it would be really interesting to see.. Maybe someday.

Just a little braggin here...I filled up my Jetta this past Sunday afternoon on our way to the grocery store. Been running that tank of fuel for about 3 wks being back and forth between using it & the truck. Same tank of fuel that these dyno runs were on also..... new personal best on mileage....44.5mpg!! :rockwoot:

i was getting 38-39 mpg on the way back from St. Louis this last weekend in my buddies 05 Passat TDI with 4 dudes and a trunk full of Fat Tire beer and luggage. LOL

Ive got an 03 TDI Jetta that is stock. My personal best is 50mpg hand calculated but I average 48mpg.