My new Trans

RCCX

Need a sponsor
I have been wanting to post this for awhile,but I had to wait for the builder to give me the okay to discuss his new parts.I have been testing new trans. parts for Opie(Intelligent Engineering) for the past few months.All I can say is wow,after all the trans issues I've had I have finally found a fix.Opie has a new line of converters(single or triple disk),new 3rd gear drum,new second gear bands,and a bigger input shaft(yes a bigger shaft).I am currently running one of his triple disk converters and I am quite pleased with it,out of all the converters I have had it has the best combination of everyday driving and putting power to the track.I am not real smart on trans and converter science,but he has changed the fluid coupling in the converter and the way it transmits power is a big change from the dtt I was running.The new drum and 2nd gear band is also a welcome change.After I got my truck up over a 1000 hp and tried using it,I would go through second gear bands and third gear clutches in just a few hundred miles(they still worked but showed serious wear).We have been checking clutches and bands weekly to see how the new parts were doing,the result,over a thousand miles of the worst abuse imaginable and there is no perceivable wear.And finally we get to the input shaft.It is physically larger in diameter,its not a huge difference but every little bit helps.The biggest change is the splines,the new shaft has 35 splines versus 23 splines(I think thats what I counted).The new bigger shaft with more splines coupled with Opies reputation for machine work has produced the strongest input shaft yet in my book.The bigger input shaft does require you to run his converter and he also sends a bigger pump stator to allow you to use your pump.I thought I would share this with everyone,I was very excited to test these parts an very happy with the results.I think Opie went outside the box and tried something new that no one else has,he is an innovater in my book.Thanks Opie for allowing me to have a part in this.

I will post pictures as soon as Opie gives me the okay.

Good info RC

Opie builds awesome stuff as far as i'm concerned, and your right, he has gone outside the box again to try to come up with a solution for the very high hp trucks.

There was only so much that could be done with the original inputs (change material) as the size and shape etc was pretty much set in stone. So Opie changed whatever was needed so that a physically larger shaft can be used. Awesome.

He has lots of other, very innovative stuff going on too.

Chris

glad to see you have the tranny side of things figured out, opie is the man.:rockwoot:

DIESEL POWER said:
glad to see you have the tranny side of things figured out, opie is the man.:rockwoot:

i believe rc has the motor side of things figured out too...

You two gonna race in TX?

DIESEL POWER said:

I have figured out alot of things Wade,come to Houston and I will show you.

Yeah Opie is the man when it comes to being an innovater, def thinks outside the box with these trucks. Didn't think the word would be out so soon.:rockwoot:

I would like to make the florida event,but I cant commit now.Being self employed and the summertime is my busiest time and since money comes first,I will try to make time but I cant say for sure.

RacinDuallie said:
How's about at the Florida Outlaws? Aug 4th?
hey there is a real nice set of events up here that will be televised, that i plan on going to show up to, and possiblie set a record on TV. www.mirdrag.com

but even if he's too skeered to make it up here thats fine too:hehe:

To get to Opie heres his website:

www.opieparts.com

As for you Wade,what do I have to be scared of?

The intent of this post was to talk about some new and innovative parts,if you want to talk smack please start a thread and get your post count up there.

Thanks

Yeah how bout we keep this thread on some cutting edge tranny technology, instead race pissin matches and Wade having diarrhea of the mouth.

in post # 4 and 5 your and you buddy started running your mouths......... after all i did was congratulate.

oh wow, wade is gonna set a record on TV...maybe Fox or CBS will do an hour special on this event like the evil-kinevil stunts where the first hour is all talking, then the last minute the stunt actually happens

DIESEL POWER said:
in post # 4 and 5 your and you buddy started running your mouths......... after all i did was congratulate.

I'll give you that one. I did bring it up first.

Ok, back to valuable tranny info... lets keep this one on topic for once.

Last edited:
So to run a opie shaft. you have to run his converter? spline count and all.

sootman said:
So to run a opie shaft. you have to run his converter? spline count and all.

Opie makes standard sized input shafts that can be ran with any converter.If you opt for the larger shaft you have to have his converter.

RCCX said:
Opie makes standard sized input shafts that can be ran with any converter.If you opt for the larger shaft you have to have his converter.

Correct...I run Opie's Standard input and output in my tranny!

Chris