My old Passat and Carfax

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I just ran a Carfax report on the Passat and I find it a bit odd that it's still listed as a 1 owner car with no other information regarding a new owner. It correctly lists my time of ownership including when I traded it.

I know Carfax isn't really worth a chit other than for owner/tag history but it seems to me it should in theory have been sold to someone.

I couldn't have hurt it that bad could I?:hehe:

I spoke too soon. It turns out since I initially saw a 1/2 a page of ads I figured the info was over and didn't scroll past them.

Keep in mind I traded it 9/07/06. I knew the Ford dealer wouldn't pop the hood but the VW dealer they sold it to would. Needless to say the aftermarket surprise they found would require it all to be returned to stock if they wanted to retail it.

It only took them 2 months but they managed to sell it as a certified pre-owned VW.:hehe:

11/03/2006

Volkswagen Certified dealer
Atlanta, GA
Offered for sale as a
Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned vehicle

11/10/2006

Dealer Inventory
Vehicle offered for sale

12/19/2006

Jim Ellis Hyundai of Atlanta
Atlanta, GA
770-454-6789
www.jimellisusedcars.com
Vehicle sold

12/22/2006

Dealer Inventory
Vehicle sold

Carfax is crap. I think they owe everyone a refund. They don't report anything like they claim. All you see is owner related stuff, no accidents or claims. I must have run 75+ trucks when I was looking for my Ram last year and none of them had a single accident or claim. I figured to be sure I wasn't just looking up "clean" trucks that i'd look at both my previously owned trucks One a 95 chevy that I owned form Jan 01 to August 04 had nothing but owner/title stuff....despite the fact that I bought it and learned afterwards from the previous owner that it had been involved in two front end collisions, and I had been involved in a few minor and one major accident in it!! I also looked up my F250 I was still trying to sell at the time, and the accident I had in it (major for the car I hit, 6K+ damage but only cracked grille and dented bumper for me!!!) it didn't show either, despite having happend over a year prior. I'll never use their services again.

Carfax displays the history of the title. It used to be fairly easy to get a flood car titled in another state as a regular car. Most states require clean title to re-title now, so Carfax is pretty much crap............

Back