my truck keeps cutting off?

powerstrokin

GO VOLS!
this morning my truck started stalling as i came to a stop and then died. was able to fire back up and then died again. i was able to get it down the road and pull over. i let it sit for awhilw and drove it down the raod several miles before it started doing it again. it stalls and tries to die going down the road, but i'm able to get it going again. it seems like if i push the pedal down alittle it helps to keep it running. i replaced the fuel filter and drained the water off and it still doing it. could it be the chip not making good contact? or any other ideas? after installing the chip i saw that i needed to tape it in. thanks for any help

If the chip was failing it wouldn't start at all, or the programs might not work at all, either way I highly doubt it is the chip. Do you think your converter might be staying locked up and not unlocking properly to disengage your tranny. As for the cam sensor, for your sake I hope it is because that would be a cheep fix, but usually those puppies just die, they don't usually act up like you are explaining. Good Luck!!

thanks for the info, i read some where early and and a gut sounded like he had the same problem and somebody suggested the cam sensor. is that available from part store or at the dealer? thanks

CPS, or your oil is low
they do act up, when mine went out, i could let the truck sit for a few minutes and then it would go another couple miles before it wouldnt start again, sometimes they get goofy, sometimes they just die

The cps does act up just like this. Half the time they just quit altogether and half the time they do this.

i'll try the cps and see if that fixes the problem, i don't have a international dealer close so i guess i'll have to get it at the dealer$

Go to Ford and get yourself a cps. They drastically reduced the price on them from around $120 to $25 or so bucks so a cps is nothing, might wanna get two and keep one in the glovebox. Better than being stranded.

Got Diesel said:
Go to Ford and get yourself a cps. They drastically reduced the price on them from around $120 to $25 or so bucks so a cps is nothing, might wanna get two and keep one in the glovebox. Better than being stranded.

thats true! thats like the first mod you do when you buy a 7.3 truck, get a glove box cps!

i replaced the cps today and so far so good. thanks for the info. it wasn't to bad to change out, alittle tight. it cost about 34 bucks at the dealer.