NADM Series Points

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
In 2007 when were setting up the 2008 season, I asked dozens of pullers if they wanted a points purse or higher payouts at each event.
100% wanted higher payouts at each pull. So we did.

We still kept track of points for bragging rights, and to give some reward for the loyal who made several pulls. It also helps when looking for sponsors you can say you are a National Points Champion.

Calvin Miller, SS and Mike Garofola,2.8 made almost every pull. A tall order with last years fuel prices.

Evan Davis 2.6, Corey Atley, Modified, Gerald Hairhoger in the semis, didn't make all the pulls, but dominated when they did show.

Since there wasn't any money involved last year we waived the 50% rule, which states, "Drivers will be required to attend 50% of the scheduled events to be considered the champion." That rule will be in effect with a money purse.

For 2009, we are trying to put together a points purse. We will know more before the first pull, May 2nd in Elkins West Virginia.
Will it be enough money to cover your fuel costs from Springfield, Illinois to Numidia Pennsylvania? No.
Will it be better than a trophy? Yes.
Should you blow off your local points series and try to run all NADM pulls? That is entirely up to you, and your fuel fund. NADM has never wanted to take away from small pulls, in fact, we have been trying to work with them all over the country.
I would suggest you work on getting your local clubs do adopt NADM affiliate programs, for 2010, so you can get regional points at your local hooks. We try our best to not do a national pull within 200 miles of affiliate pulls.

We'll keep you updated as time goes on, and if you've noticed, the pulls on the schedule have NATIONAL, REGIONAL OR INVITATIONAL listed, so you can keep track.

So am i reading this correct, you are lowering the pay out for the class in order to put in a end of year points fund? And the pay out if you place 1st at the pull isnt enough to cover the fuel from IL to PA

No Jeremy, you didn't read it correctly. We are not lowering anything.

We are still putting together a budget for the year. Its very tricky, as you dont what our costs are going to be-none of us do. Fuel could be $15 a gallon by then who knows? NADM has costs also.

Illinois and Pa are the extremes on the national points circuit, with many places in between. If you run all of them, you aren't going to win enough on the points fund to pay all your fuel.
Now if you place top 3 at every pull, Id say you have a good shot of covering fuel and then some depending on your hauler- and your location.

Oh sorry, thanks for the clearing that up for me, just read it wrong.

Easy enough to do. Two hooks in WVA, is about as close as we get to you, sorry!

No Stoneboro, this year, sorry! How about a 2.6 and Super Street night only an hour west of Stoneboro, at Goshen Ohio? July 11th.

Looks like Gene let the cat out of the bag on a couple other hooks this year. I sure hope Charlie has set back some fuel money for me!