National Points Series

The points nazi may not be able to handle the additional work. Seems his current workload is detrimental to his ability to cut any light but RED.:stab:

OUCH!!!! Gee Verlon, such a vicious attack from someone I have the utmost respect for. I will be sure to spend extra time next year to make sure your points totals are absolutely COREKT.

Jim

Last edited:
LOL, when is the pistol shoot & practice tree race to determine the division championship? ;)

This is the one I use:
Altronics QTREE Altronics Quick Tree Version 2.0 Pocket Practice Tree

Order it through Rob's account (have him set up a "racer" account if he hasn't already) - you get a nice discount if you have an NHRA or IHRA Competition License. This is a pretty basic tree, but it works well and is reasonably priced.

Here is another popular one with more features:
Portatree 5200B Port-A-Tree Eliminator 2000 Practice Tree

It can also work with a real christmas tree, so you can set up in the shop and have more realistic practice.

OUCH!!!! Gee Verlon, such a vicious attack from someone I have the utmost respect for. I will be sure to spend extra time next year to make sure your points totals are absolutely COREKT.

Jim

Just poking a little fun.:poke: Got to take advantage of your misfortune so I don't feel so bad next time you beat me.:doh:

LOL, when is the pistol shoot & practice tree race to determine the division championship? ;)

We can set a shoot up before the finals next year. None of that IPSC crap though. Lets do some real life scenarios. Shoot no Shoot with paintballs coming back at you.:woohoo: I don't need a practice tree, that what the track is for.

I don't need a practice tree, that what the track is for.

Agree but I did't get much practice this year do to not having a running truck. About a dozen passes is all I got. Need one with a foot switch, the hand button won't work for me. I have a dimmer switch that I was going to use to installed a foot dimmer on my 1/2 ton, maybe I can wire it so it will activite when I release it like a foot brake, that would work. I have no problem mashing down with the throttle foot.:D My ave .4 tree at Topeka was a .169 best was .073 and worst was .212. That isn't too bad considering I'm older than dirt and my reactions are not what they use to be. But if I want to beat you on a regular basis which I plan on doing next year then I need to practice.:poke:

Last edited:
Agree but I did't get much practice this year do to not having a running truck. About a dozen passes is all I got. Need one with a foot switch, the hand button won't work for me. I have a dimmer switch that I was going to use to installed a foot dimmer on my 1/2 ton, maybe I can wire it so it will activite when I release it like a foot brake, that would work. I have no problem mashing down with the throttle foot.:D My ave .4 tree at Topeka was a .169 best was .073 and worst was .212. That isn't too bad considering I'm older than dirt and my reactions are not what they use to be. But if I want to beat you on a regular basis which I plan on doing next year then I need to practice.:poke:

OR a regular driver.....hint.....hint....:woohoo:

yeah to bad that .073 was against my wife :doh:

We can set a shoot up before the finals next year. None of that IPSC crap though. Lets do some real life scenarios. Shoot no Shoot with paintballs coming back at you.:woohoo: I don't need a practice tree, that what the track is for.
I'm not too fond of IPSC rules either, I prefer IDPA which requires use of cover but does have the goofy rule about mag retention. Never run with paintball guns being shot at me though, but it sounds like fun! Unless I get paint all inside my nice carry gun...

One of the most fun matches I have shot was right after 9/11, we set up the Federal Air Marshall's qualififcation course as one stage (actually wasn't very tough), and also set up a mock aircraft hijacking stage with TONS of no-shoots in close quarters.
I just use a simple piece of plastic bent into a shape to hold a switch off the floor, and I hold the plastic down with my other foot. I use a snap-action microswitch (they are fast and consistent). Works great for practicing footbrake launches.

Back