Need a little info. on a 99 24v

Mechanic73

Having this issue with surging. it is throwing a code. Thinking maybe VP going bad not for sure. Can clear code and runs good for little bit then back to same 'ol same 'ol. Any help greatly appreciated. At my wits end.:bang:thankyou2:

Hate to say it, but could be the ecm. If it is it'll start throwing a lot of codes and "burp" Like the imput going to the tps is screwed up (getting no signal then getting too much signal). That's what mine and a few other guy's trucks did and it was the ecm. My gauges started acting erratically also, then it was really bad, usually idled fine though. Corey

The code is actually:P-0602 ECM Fueling Calibration Error.Thanks for your help MnTom.

CumminsAholic: Thanks for your help. It sounds unfortunately like you are really in the park on it. Every thing sounds just like what is going on. Except for the erratic gauges. I mean it idles pretty much fine maybe a little high when it really starts acting up. I'm thinking it's a female truck. Because when she starts her rag. I just give her a plug and a pill from the DRBIII and she's fine for a little while.Then it's back to the same 'ol ****.

That looks like a PCM code....... My list has it as a "Powertrain Control Module Programming Error".

From an '01 service manual,

P0602 ECM Fueling Calibration Error.
ECM Internal fault condition detected.

I appreciate that info. Iactually got to digging pretty deep in to Alldata Pro todayand was able to find that same info. Which is something I didn't really want to find out. There is no reflash for the problem it's strictly a replace only.

Back