Need a Turbo - NOW!

MOMBENZ

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We went up on hp in Mini Me, tested her and blew one turbo. We got another turbo the next day and blew that one too :bang :bang :bang

We are going to stop playing with the factory turbo (they won't hold anymore :doh:) Does anyone know of a good turbo? Who out there has one? Has it been proven? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vivian

is this for a 7.3 PSD?

I've got a factory one...and a Gillette Ball Buster / Turbonetics / HTT HTPS turbo...

Turbonetics is playing with 6.0 stuff.

If you are spraying a Garrett VNT charger, be aware that you must monitor vane position when tuning for nitrous. You will fry the turbine side almost immediately if you do not open the vanes fast enough. Get the vanes open early and let the nitrous spool the charger.

McRat said:
Turbonetics is playing with 6.0 stuff.

If you are spraying a Garrett VNT charger, be aware that you must monitor vane position when tuning for nitrous. You will fry the turbine side almost immediately if you do not open the vanes fast enough. Get the vanes open early and let the nitrous spool the charger.

Hi Pat,

DJ says, "I've been running the stock turbo with nitrous for years. The problem is we've gone too high up on hp. We can go back down on hp but we don't want to :bang LOL Thank you and yes, you are right on the money with you suggestion.

Thanks,
Vivian

DrSpeed said:
I'm such a nard....it's in the Six Oh forum....:bang

Don't worry things like that happen to me all the time. Just when I think I can't top myself :what:

Thanks,
Vivian

I learned something today. You can't put a 2005 pedestal in a 2003 truck. You can however put an 2003 pedestal on a 2005 truck.

I do want to thank Ryan Casserly, David Lott and Ryan Bean for trying to get me going. It's not going to happen so we're not going racing, but you know what ... it will happen next weekend the weekend after or the weekend after that.

DJ :evil

Last edited:
Sorry you didn't get it ready DJ. I know y'all were looking forward to this weekend.

What kind of pedestal does a 6.0 have? Is it T3 mount or something weird?

It's something wierd and different from any other year. The manifold needs to be cut in the back like Ford did in 2004. Sh#t happens and I appreciate those who tried to help. Thank you.

Oh ya DJ, I have tried that before, didnt realize what you were sayin earlier when on the phone about the 05. I feel pretty special now, I knew somethin about a 6.0 before DJ lol.

Workin on the turbo crap, but wow what a PITA it has been to get done what I want done. Seems simple, seems anyway.

w00t w00t I win ........ if I make it that is LOL ...... sorry to see this ... I was looking forward to seeing the truck .... and you to of course :D

Thank you Peter but we've outgrown the factory turbo. Now we just need to find one that will hold :Cheer: