Need advice on my Mega with mods???

Polaris169

I have an '08 Megacab with 6" lift and 37" tires. As far as performance goes, I have an edge racing attitude on it with the AFE intake, 5" exhaust turbo back with all deletes. Had the egr delete done also.
It runs really good and feels good but it has a couple things that I can't stand.
I pull a sled trailer in the winter with it and have to use it to pull a skid steer around sometimes. I have found that even turned down to like stage 3 or 4,
if I'm pulling up a hill, it'll boost up to like 24-25 psi and run there for a minute or so and then fall off to 18 psi for maybe a minute then it'll boost up again. It'll do this over and over all the way.
Also, if I'm cruising down the road at like 55 and get on it to go around another vehicle, it'll boost up and accelerate like a mofo until I'm almost around the vehicle, then it'll just quit pulling. It's scared the hell out of us a few times. I've had to dynamite the brakes and get back in behind someone or hope there's enough room to finish getting by.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! This is my daily truck and I don't want to break stuff but also want it safe. My guess is a fuel delivery system??
Thanks

Fass pump or airdog is a good move up... a smarty will probly help your turbo tuning, and i would recommend putting a wastegate on the exhaust manifold to make your headgasket happy...

the programmer is fine i lilke the edge, now with it you dont get any tranny tunning benifits but the boost try a ppe website their something on their for the duramax when going over factory boost also sounds liek your droping rail pressure from what you said. Do you have any gauages to tell what the egts are doing it didnt say

sounds like you have the defuel settings set and the truck is defueling from one of them ,makes good sense you pin it to go around a vehicle, the your egts, boost ect will climb and defuel you, the edge doesnt to pressure so I doubt your rail pressure is really dropping and a quad boost fooler might help you out also