Need advice on my setup

ole red rocket

I have a 01 p-pumped, stock cam, 90# valve springs, 913 pump cc's?, 23 degrees of timing, jammer 125 (i know bad), 2.8 gt42, 6spd with 3.55, 305/70/16 tires

Just put schied's 5k springs and will only turn 4000 rpms at the line and go down the track at 3000k

I need some advice on how i can turn some more... I would like to leave the line some where between 4500-5000 at hold 4000 down the track

I take it u pulling 4low? If so thats the best setup Iv seen so far with that trannyand gear . That is what my truck has been doing lately (fallen rpms)but I run a little higher gear .I would start with a click or 2 on the GSK , but still I dont think thats going to get yr mid track RPMS back I can leave at 5 and still it pulls down ,theres a little HP that needs to b found , how are yr EGTS and boost down the trac ?

i pull 4th low... have looked at my gauges.. but on the street 40+ is easy to do at 3000 rpms... never really opened it up to see what it will do... Andy used this charger on a vp and seen 60lbs...and EGT's ?

Well a few around didnt either and they started too cause it was a little to much , one dynoed and gained 100 hp by adding a plate and 4 degress of timing , I dunno if those injectors will go over 25 degress but try it, if it pops and snaps alot then its to hi for them , then run a 0 plate half way

tell me what i need to do... I'm not nessary in a 2.8 class or have a 2.8 truck... its just the turbo I could get a hold of at a reasonable price... no real classes where I pull

I was just referring to you running a 2.8 turbo.

I watched your video over in sled pulling. What pump mods do you have?

Try what Rods said - timing and plate. I'd look into what DV's you have and possibly getting a bigger injector.

Back