Need help!!!! 04 2500hd

gottagopulling

THE OLD SLEDPULLER
DOING ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ON IT LIKE CHANGING THE OIL AND THE FUEL FILTER AND NOW THE TRUCK WILL NOT START BUT WILL CRANK HAVE TRIED THE PRIMER HAND PUMP CAN ANYONE HELP :bang

Did you get it running? Not trying to offened you by asking simple questions but......How much fuel is in the tank? Does the primmer get hard to push while priming? Does the pressure bleed off quickly without cranking the engine? Will it fire but stall quickly after?

Not yet we figured out that we think the hand primer pump is no good its not getting hard after pushing on it for 20+ times have you ever heard of them going bad before and we have 3/4 of a tank of fuel and it has started but ran for 5 sec or so 3 times and is it ture that they dont have a lift pump

Not yet we figured out that we think the hand primer pump is no good its not getting hard after pushing on it for 20+ times have you ever heard of them going bad before and we have 3/4 of a tank of fuel and it has started but ran for 5 sec or so 3 times and is it ture that they dont have a lift pump

Yeah I have seen a few go bad. Do you get any fuel to come out the bleeder screw at all? True, no lift pump on the duramax: the injector pump sucks the fuel.

Are you having someone pump it as someone else trys to crank it at the same time??

This is what I had to do with GF's Damx when she ran out...

The primers can be very troublesome as well as leaking fuel lines above the tank. Maybe try slightly pressurizing the tank again with the bleeder screw closed and look at both the fuel lines near the tank and around the primer. You might also want to pull the filter off again and check that there is only one o-ring gasket on the filter/filter head. I have heard of guys pulling off the older style filer and the o-ring gasket stays on the filter head. The new style filters have the o-ring gasket as part of the filter. It can suck air in with two gaskets. If just the primer is leaking there are rebuild lits for the primers available.

:thankyou2:HEY THANKS GUYS WE GOT IT FIXED TODAY PUT A NEW PRIMER PUMP ON IT GOT ALL THE AIR OUT AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP :woohoo:

If you have this happen again sometimes u can take the diaphragm apart and there will be trash in it. ive hard 3 trucks do this to me

Back