Need help ASAP

79broncoidi

Hi i have a 98 24v. The start of this hole problem was it wouldnt start hot. it would start just fine when it was cold. The lift pump had gone bad and taken out the inj pump. I replaced the lift pump with the fass relacement pump and installed a new inj pump. My buddy was driving the truck and he said that it was going great then all of a sudden he had no responce from the go peddel so he pumped it a few times and i came back but it was breaking up realy bad and would hardly run. we had it towed home and it started and ran great. it had a po216 code. (inj timeng failure). i drove the truck all over and couldnt get it to do it again. so i called who i got the pump from and they said the pump must be bad. they sent me a new one again and installed it and cleared the codes. drove it and it ran great. my buddy took it again and about 2 days later when he want to start it it did the same thing again. the po216 code came back and it was skipping realy bad. then it smothed out and ran good. i have driven the truck about 100 miles sents then and it wont mess up or set the code. the company that the pumps came from tested the first one that i put on and said that there wasnt anything bad with it. i have tested everything thing that i can think of and everything is ok. the the reason that i changed the pump for in the first place was fixed and has never come back. its just it never had this prob till the orig pump was changed. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I DONT HAVE MUCH HAIR LEFT TO PULL OUT. :bang

I had a new reman vp44 that had hard starting issues when warm. It was a bad overflow valve (banjo bolt) on the vp44.

If you got a 216 then it could be a puking pump.... My pile did all sorts of wonky junk when the last vp44 died...