Need help??? Best of the Best for a 2003 ford f250 6.0 powerstroke, whats the best?

FordPowerstroke

I am fairly new to the diesel world with only owning my truck for a grand total of about 8 months.

To start I own a 2003 ford f250 superduty 6.0 diesel with somewhere around 170,000 miles on it. Everything is stock on the truck besideds the exhaust system which is either a 4 or 5 inch and what I've put in and on it being a new tool box rear bucket seats and an audio system... that puts me now into the engine and performance.

Only problem that I know of at the moment is there is a leak with the anti freeze in between the v of the block. I would like that fixed however not at the price the mechanic wanted (close to $900). Shook his hand, never went back.

The fuel mileage is 11.6 miles to the gallon. It's emptying out my account every time I take it to the gas station and have begun looking for other methods of fuel. (Bio-diesel and direct fried oil) any thoughts? Ideas? or anything to help would be great.

Thanks

Check the small blue hose that comes off the EGR cooler for the leak. I bet you can do all the work yourself to get it fixed.

your truck might still have the old orange colored hose, they have since upgraded to the blue one. its very easy to change, whoever told you 900 is a scam artist. there are 2 torx that hold down a small housing that connects to one side of that hose, after you drain the coolant down unbolt the torx bits, rotate the hose so the notch lines up with the arrow on the housing, wiggle the housing up until its free and then pull the hose off, put the new one in and reverse the process.

I've looked and looked and I can't seem to find this hose you guys are talking about. However the truck hasn't leaked in a long while, any thoughts as to why it would just stop leaking? I live in Arkansas and the avg temp has been up in the 80s this past week (I don't know if that plays an effect with summer on the way.)

Sorry, but they only get 12 mpg on a good day!. Save yourself a problem later
and install an EGR delete kit now instead of patching the hose. If you are going to keep the truck this will pay off in long run. If you want to do it, a tune could get you a little better mileage also. You can do the EGR delete install but plan on a day to do it.

I have owned my 03 6.0 250 CC for five months. The first thing I noticed was leaking coolant. Within four weeks, I put in the FCDP EGR delete. I too was leaking from the blue/orange hose near the EGR cooler. If you just delete it, there will be no worries... especially if you want to keep the truck. My buddy and I did this in our garage. WARNING: if you do it yourself it will take you a full day if you haven't done one before. Especially if you run into unknown bolt problems or find other simple things that need to be fixed. A rusted bolt from the turbo took over two hours to get off because we didn't have the required tools. That's life working on the motors though.

I too am getting 12mpg best around town. I am in the process of putting on the exhaust and installing my intake. I'm going to follow up with a SCT custom tuning... simply for mileage. When I have the money my head studs will follow asap. With this, its talked that I may reach up to 16-18mpg around town. I think that's high hopes, but oh well. Good Luck.

Just do the delete and your leak will be completely solved.

If you're considering biodiesel or straight veggie oil, check out DinoFuel Alternatives for your kit. They have some of the best stuff on the market.

i found a ford dealership mechanic that does side jobs for half the price of the dealership on craigslist. see if someone in your area can help on the hourly.

Back