need help guys

dezl

So I picked up a 2000 f250 with the 7.3 a little over a month ago and today I was cruising down the highway and the truck starts knocking, I pull over it does it for a few more seconds then quits. I head off down and about 10 miles later it starts again, this time its blowing white smoke. It does it for another minute or so then stops.

I called Swamps (I've got their injectors) and he says first thing I should do it check the fuel pressure. So I head to the parts store to pick up a few things . In the parking lot my truck decides to puke all the coolant out (it looks like from the cap). I fill it up and start the truck and its running fine again, I then drive back to my office and it started throwing up again today. Oh and when i drove away it started blowing white smoke again....

Do we think head gasket or a strange coincedince?

Other than that im stumped, the top of the motor doesnt have any water or oil on it. Im going to try and fill the coolant resevoir with water and see if I can see oil in the mixture but I could defintely use some help!

Thanks guys!

is there a way to viasually inspect and see if they are damaged? To replace, I think the heads have to come off correct? I would hate to get in there and it not be the problem.

you will see a bad cup and need a big tap to get them out

very cool, i figure they will probably be easier to do with the heads off?

I am going to go ahead and pull the heads, throw some ARP studs in, new gaskets then do the injector cups and new orings.

Back