need help half way thru my conversion

lilhenry

alright heres my problem i have and 86 chevy and a 97 12 valve i got the chevys doghouse off motor out and crossmember out. i got a new crossmember and mounts from avalanche enginering. but i have some questions on the conversion first off is what to do about the altenator? use the chevy if there is a way?? of how do i do the dodge. secondly is iv seen alot of conversions but does anyone have any pictures of the intercooler iv heard people using the dodge ic and flipping it upsidedown can someone show me some pics of tell me whats involved in getting it to fit? thanx for any help or ideas if u have any

use the dodge alt. Use an extrnal mopar regulator to control it.

sorry no pictures

i used the gm alternator on my 94 only because it is what runs my tach the 6.5 td used to alternator to give the tach reading so me and my brother fab up some brackets to make it fit on my ctd. and the intercooler i dont know about yet i am in the middle of trying to get one out of a topkick or kodiak to fit in mine so that i dont have to hack the lights and grill too much.

You can have the dodge alt wired up for the gm tach all they do is attatch a wire to one of the delta windings. You hook that up to the gm signal wire for the diesel tach it is withing 50 rpm or so depending on your pulley sizing.

I used an all aluminum intercooler in my 94 conversion, fit between the four lamp system fairly well. I think you may even be able to use a 03 and up intercoooler from a Dodge they are alot narrower but deeper you may have a height issue.

Malcolm

thanx guys i would still take any advice i can get on the conversion to make it a little less thinkin haha