Need Help LBZ CP3 on LB7

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Hey Guys I've run across a steal if I can get it its a LBZ CP3 out of a 2006 that was in a accident most of the engine looks to be in great shape. The question I have is what should I look out for in case the engine has been setting up for a while will the pump be dry should i be weary about that? Also what all will be involved in changing to the LBZ CP3 in the the LB7 I have? I know I can use the exsisting FPR and I'll have to change the tuning a little via EFI Live but what all is involved in swapping it out is what I'd like to know. Thanks in advance

Hey Guys I've run across a steal if I can get it its a LBZ CP3 out of a 2006 that was in a accident most of the engine looks to be in great shape. The question I have is what should I look out for in case the engine has been setting up for a while will the pump be dry should i be weary about that? Also what all will be involved in changing to the LBZ CP3 in the the LB7 I have? I know I can use the exsisting FPR and I'll have to change the tuning a little via EFI Live but what all is involved in swapping it out is what I'd like to know. Thanks in advance

Start taking stuff off the top of the motor till you see the pump. Its a pain in the ass but the lbz pump will bolt right up to an lb7.

Took me damn near 6 Hours, just to get to where I could see my pump to change out the Actuator, but I was also pulling the Fuel Rails when I did it. While you have it down, you should go ahead and get the rails done.

Well the deal fell through on the seller's part I was ready to get it but oh well. I'll still be looking for another LBZ pump if I can find one for the deal he was letting it go for and I was told to use the LBZ reg instead of the LB7 it was said i'd like the LBZ reg much better. Thanks to all that replied thus far and I hope to see many more replies on this subject as I want to make sure i do it right the first time which is why I asked about the swap.

Back