Need help,truck won't start!

smokepedel

smokepedel
Just replaced fuel lines on my 95 (stock) truck, tried to fill lines w/primer on lift pump but it will not suck fuel, have pushed primer hundreds of times & nothing, so I took supply line off truck and put it in bucket of fuel to see if the primer will suck fuel & it does not, so is the lift pump bad? I mean it should only take a few pumps w/ the primer to suck fuel thru a short piece of line? Sorry for long post, but.it's driving me crazy, the truck runs fine it just started hard w/ the old lines.

You replace both supply and return?

If you can't get the system to draw then a bad LP may be suspect. However you can try and crack a line just before the LP and take some compressed air and charge the tank with a couple of shots of air. It doesn't take much till you get fuel out of the line at the LP. Then tighten line and continue the priming process with the finger pump. Then crack the number one injection line at the injection pump. If the system is priming itself you will hear a squealing sound. Continue this process then crack the number one injection line at the injector until you see fuel bubble out. Once all of this is done try and start the truck.

Clear as mud?

Lines are new back to tank, pulled lift pump off truck& held in my hand,put short fuel line on inlet of pump & tried to pull fuel out of glass jar w/ the primer pump & it will not suck fuel, I would think if it was good it should pull fuel& pump it out the top of the lift pump, but nothing!

Back