need help with brakes please!!!

brandonsblack

i have an 01 with 230,000 miles and my brakes are locking up and i have replaced 3 master cylinders and just replaced two calipers and rotors.... any ideas?

need a little more info than that. When do they lock up, front or rear, what kind of pressure are you applying when this happens? does it happen all of the time or just once in while?

If you have rear drum I would suggest pulling the drum to see if the inside is wet. If it is the wheel cylinder needs to be replaced.

Yes disc all the way around! thought it was just the front left caliper sticking, so replaced the calipers, and he was headin down the interstate and the rears started smoking and fronts have been doin it also! any ideas? ABS module?

Did you overfill the resoivior? That will cause a self apply. When do they start to lock up after hes driven for awhile? All four wheels are locking? If its just one wheel locking up open that bleedxer when its locked up see hou much pressure is there. It will probly shoot brake fluid out, not just drip. Then i would first replace that brake hose. But if its all 4 locking make sure the fluid is ONLY to the max line, no higher!!

fluid is right on full and it is all four and the pedal got real hard and when i pulled over they were smoking real bad

It sounds like a plugged vent port in the master cylinder, but youve replaced that three times...

When you did the front pads and rotors did you open the bleeder befor pushing the piston back in???

Has it ever had a brake fluid flush?

So for clarity the pedal is high and hard, and all four brakes self apply? (Meaning you dont step on the brake pedal and they lock up) Also is it four wheel abs or just rwal?

i put new calipers on it too and they were already compressed and yes they do self apply, it is all wheel abs