need help with p pump conversion

I just installed the Area Diesel's p-pump conversion on my Case-IH MX240. Call their Carlinville, IL location and talk to Von. The phone number is 800-637-2658. They have pre-bent injection lines. What else do you need to know? What is the engine in? I can try and answer any questions you have. The CAPS pump gear will work with the P-pump. I switched my tractor to a manual throttle cable. The only problem I am having is an engine fault code that comes up when the key is turned on.

If you do a bit of digging, a guy here did a ppump on an ISL, should be similar, I believe the pump bolted right up.

mine is going in a lift truck it had a 8.3 with p pump previously. the new engine i purchased is a caps pump isc 8.3. do i have to change the front covers aswell

ok i saw the area diesel kit... i have a pump already so i guess im in need of the bracket and lines

I pulled the injection lines and CAPS pump off, installed the P-pump to the origional front cover and pump gear, installed some rear pump support brackets, new injection lines and clamps, oil supply hose, different fuel filter to pump hose and fuel shutoff. Where are you located? I could have the instructions copied and send them to you. My email is in my profile, if you are interested.

Is there a reason that you cannot swap parts from one engine to the other?

it's a bit of a basket case I believe all the parts are there except the old mechanical injectors

I imagine you will use the stock ISC injectors with the p-pump conversion just like you would on a ISB p-pump conversion.

Okay ordered injector lines from scheid today. and got the caps pump and computer removed from engine. pump gears look to be the same size except for the center shaft hole and front cover on the caps engine has bigger pilot hole for pump. So at this point I'm guessing I will have to change front covers?

I just got your email today. A phone call will speed things up alot. I email'd you my number....
oil supply hose
If you got the correct injection pump you will not need this. What is your pump number? I think mine is a 12mm 7265pump.

different fuel filter to pump hose
You will not use the electronic fuel pump on the ISC. It is a transfer pump that was only intended to prime the CAPS pump, and will not boost the pressure enough to keep up with the P-pump.

do i have to change the front covers aswell
No.

Okay ordered injector lines from scheid today. and got the caps pump and computer removed from engine. pump gears look to be the same size except for the center shaft hole and front cover on the caps engine has bigger pilot hole for pump. So at this point I'm guessing I will have to change front covers?
I'm not following you exactly, but it sounds like you have the wrong pump. It will save you a pile of trouble and money if you get the right pump. Did yours come off of a 5.9?

They put a pile of different pumps on 5.9's and 8.3's. They are all interchangable to a certain extent, but way too much trouble. You need an 8.3 PES6P. Cummins put Bosch P's and A's and MW's and EP9 denso's and rotarys and CAPS and commonrail and every other kind of pump you can think of on these dang motors. Give me a holler on the phone when you have time, and I'll try to help if I can.

Last edited:
Back