need help with some shocks

camarokiller

I need a little help finding some rear shocks for my 3/4 ton. I just got done doing a frame chop, c notch and axle flip. I picked up the shortest shocks Bell tech offers ant they are still to long. My ride height puts me at 14.25 center to center. Suspension can travel 5.25 more inches before bump stops. I just dont know where to look or how. I would like something "heavy duty" cause I still haul an atv and will still pull trailers.
Pics for fun
20140712_192329.jpg

20140712_205938.jpg

Looking at pics you posted, you should add more bracing to the notch in the frame considering you said you'll still use it as truck.

otherwise, call Bilstein or some of their vendors to find one that will fit your specs.

5 min searching on Bilstein's website and I think I found something that will work for you. 33-186566

the first one in this link
http://www.bilsteinus.com/uploads/tx_templavoila/5125_Applications.pdf

http://www.bilsteinus.com/home/

Thanks for the link. Im not sure that shock will give me enough compression, although I doubt ill ever bottom out. Iv been looking through all the manufactures charts like that.

As far as strength the frame plates are 1/2" thick and welded 100%. As of now I think I may have to just make some new mounts and maybe put both shocks on the rear of the axle. Kinda sucks because I got everything sprayed with chasiss saver.

Oh an my work schedule kinda blows for calling anyone. By the time I get home most people are closed.

If you think how your suspension is now, yes it may can have 5.25" uptravel, BUT the shock mounts are at a steep angle now (due to lowered) so the shock won't see as much compression compared to the axle's uptravel.

Just extend the axle mounts if you want more travel...that's easy. As far as an off the shelf shock...I've recommended the red KYB's for years. The work phenomenally on these heavy trucks. On my old F250 I actually used 4wd F250 front shocks on the rear. They are super short and valved a little stiffer which is exactly what I wanted.

should be able to buy a 70's chevy lowering shock , that would work , over go in to your local auto parts store and find the old guy and ask him , no old guy there move on to the next store lol

How much do you want to spend or how good of a fabricator are you? . Could do a cantilever setup with horizontal shocks.

How much do you want to spend or how good of a fabricator are you? . Could do a cantilever setup with horizontal shocks.

Money and fabrication are not really an issue, im just PO'd cause the bell tech shocks were supposed to fit. Id really hate to do any more cutting an welding with everything painted. I found that front shocks of a 4wd 04 s10 will fit pretty well, thanks to unbrokens link. That should be more than enough capacity for what im doing. This winter, after I get a garage, I think im gonna do a 4 link and bags

Back