Need Help, Won't Start

lcaad1249

I started working on a truck for a local guy. The truck looks like it had a programmer on it. I pulled the file sent it to be modded, and got a clean file to flash back in the truck.

When I start to flash the truck my EFI unit won't connect. On V7 it was unable to get status and I can't remember the error on V8. It did try start to flash using V8 after the 5th (ish) time, and the truck wouldn't start.

My programmer and I both thought the ECM was bad. So I got a new one that was checked and flashed with the EFI program to go on the truck while on the bench.

The new ECM changed nothing. It still won't start. I've checked the fuses under the hood and in the dash but they're all good. I also jumpered the starter and while bypassing, it cranked but wouldn't start the truck even with the key on.

I'm sending the original ECM to the programmer tomorrow to see if that really was the problem.

Also with my EFI unit connected the V8 autodetects the PCM but not the ECM.

Any thoughts, suggestions, things to try?? Any help is appreciated!!

I removed and replaced the 2nd ECM and disconnected the batteries tonight with no avail.

hmmm. i had a very similar problem today. when i got my tunes from duramax tuner i tried to flash them into my truck with v8. i tried the calibration reflash first and it went fine. then tried a full flash. it came up with an error code half way through saying something about the vin didnt match. then mine wouldnt start. so i unhooked the batteries and waited a minute, then hooked them back up. truck started. i tried it several more times with the same results. called bob at duramax tuner and it turn out that since i had another tuner on it before, my vin number in my factory tune was corrupt. he got it all sorted out, sent me the tune again and everything went fine after that. not sure if your problem is similar to what mine was, but i hope this can help a little.

Thank for trying but I can't even see the ECM but can see the PCM. I think there was a programmer on the truck previously as when I try to open the stock file there's an error saying:
"The callibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksums.
EFILive cannot guarantee the integrity of the file and for safety reasons, will not allow this calibration to be reflashed into a PCM."