Need help

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Ok I just converted my 2001 Dually from an auto to a manual and I'm having a problem. When I start it up and take off it will run to 2000 RPM's and that is it. I checked codes and the only one I can see causing this would be the 0720 Low Output SPD Sensor RPM, Above 15 MPH My question, is there a output speed sensor on a 94 NV4500 and how would I wire it from my 2001 47re to work. Sometimes I can get past it and it runs fine but most times it is a pain. It will only do this until it passes this point and will not do it again until I shut the truck off. Someone please help me.

Andy

Anybody have any ideas? I've been told I will now need a PCM for an 01.5 5 Speed to make it work 100%.

Andy

well if I was to do that swap, that's what I would have done and maybe an ECM from the same truck ----hopefully someone who's done the swap will chime in----chris

Everyone I talked to said you did not have to change the ECM in it. THe trans came out of a 94 so the PCM would not have worked in mine. Hopefully somone else has had this problem.

Andy

You need an ECM for a manual. The auto ECM tells to the engine to rev in order to not stall when put into gear and with your manual you do not need this to happen. The Red Rocket was origanally a manual truck and Nowel had to put an auto ECM in it in order to make it run right. The same goes for a auto to manual swap.

Ok thanks, now does anyone have a ECM and PCM for a 01.5 5 speed truck?

Andy