Need help!!!!

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
I am reffering to my 02. When running with my cruise on it will fuel and then back off time after time. Fuel hard then back off. If i take the cruise off and make my foot solid it will fuel hard then cut off. I can run it WOT and it will jump and buck. Look in the mirror on the drivers side and it will black smoke and then cut out. When i got my hot unlock code the first time i tried it i had a dead pedal as soon as i backed out a little it would fuel and break the tires loose. Any ideas. My tranny has also been doing strangs things. Is there anyway the TPS could be responsible for the comination of these damn things??? I am getting tired of it. Fixing to get a new pump and TPS and what ever it takes. Just wondering if someone has any ideas.

Also when the truck is cold it will fire right up. Know when it is hot you have to turn it over and then hit it again and it will fire right up. IT started this after the draw straw. What do yall think???

It may be coming from your lp, you know they will do extremely weird things before they give out. My truck surged when i first put these mach 5's in, but now it has mellowed out. Does your truck lope with those injectors, at idle?

Yeah it lopes pritty good when its cold and with foot on brake in gear. Runs like a mother but it sucks pulling a trialer with it doing the fueling and then cutting back crap.

Reset the APPS and see what happens.

If that doesn't help have someone look at the output of the sensor itself, they have been known to get "dead spots" in them. It's nothing but a high class potentiometer so a good meter should be able to tell you something. Best would be a puter hookup so you can watch what it does on a screen while on the truck.

Well i hooked it up to a modis scanner and watched the voltage. And the voltage would jump up as the throttle was pushed. ITs getting on my nerves.

The hard start when the motor is warm is usually a sign of a bad VP.

It sounds like a bad APPS but also sounds like the VP I know with my FASS it puts out to much pressure at startup and cracked the diahpram in the vp and it would not start when warmed up but it would seconded crank, so I hooked up a toggle switch to kill the pump until the motor starts. dont know if thats good or bad but I havent had a problem yet

I give up i am just going to order a HRVP. I guess if that doesnt fix it i will just get a TPS. And if that doesnt fix it i have no clue.

jktcummins said:
I give up i am just going to order a HRVP.

You are a fool to waste your money on a hot rod pump.

A 027 SO pump will make just as much power, and costs $750 less. Take that money and put a set of good injectors in your truck.

MKoth said:

A 027 SO pump will make just as much power, and costs $750 less. Take that money and put a set of good injectors in your truck.

I Agree, kinda.... I would never say it's a waste of money, but if your running hot tuners you don't get $750.00 worth of performance out of the HRVP. The boxes combined with a Healthy 027 VP will perform as well as the Fancy model.

Do what little voice inside your head tells ya...

jktcummins said:
Well i hooked it up to a modis scanner and watched the voltage. And the voltage would jump up as the throttle was pushed. ITs getting on my nerves.

If you are seeing spikes and valleys in the voltage reading when the pedal is pushed you have a bad APPS. Try that before you get a VP.

Billysgoat said:
If you are seeing spikes and valleys in the voltage reading when the pedal is pushed you have a bad APPS. Try that before you get a VP.
Agreed and cheaper too.....

MKoth said:

I already have the bigger injectors. How can you get a o27 SO pump???? How do you tell if you already have one???

So if i can get a HRVP44 for $1450 plus shipping u think i am still a fool. My injection shop which i have had sevarl good pumps from charges right at $1000 for a rebuilt pump. So would actually be getting what ever power the HRVP44 will add for around $450.

I have all the other go fast parts other than the pump.

Industrial injection said the do not reccomend their 11 hole injectors with out a HRVP44 because the pump can not supply enough fuel. So i figure that if i get the HRVP44 i can get my 2 month old injectors upgraded to the 11hole then run .093 lines. Then i will have all the fuel i will ever need and then have to worry about air again.

pump

I will say this much.. I have a 02 with a HRVP with a redline box and it will RUN!! I bought the HRVP because it was a good deal.. I think you get more HP with the HRVP than the standard pump, but I also wouldnt go spend 1800 for a new one and give a core!!! If you think your pump is the problem I'll sell you my HRVP because I just a 97 puller and im selling all my 24 valve stuff... 1250 for the HRVP no core charge.. pump has 4 sled hooks and around 3-5k miles on it. ALWAYS FASS

jktcummins said:
I already have the bigger injectors. How can you get a o27 SO pump???? How do you tell if you already have one???

So if i can get a HRVP44 for $1450 plus shipping u think i am still a fool. My injection shop which i have had sevarl good pumps from charges right at $1000 for a rebuilt pump. So would actually be getting what ever power the HRVP44 will add for around $450.

Industrial injection said the do not reccomend their 11 hole injectors with out a HRVP44 because the pump can not supply enough fuel. So i figure that if i get the HRVP44 i can get my 2 month old injectors upgraded to the 11hole then run .093 lines. Then i will have all the fuel i will ever need and then have to worry about air again.

jktcummins said:

The stock replacment for an auto or 5 speed truck is an 027.

I had a hot rod pump, and 11 hole injectors from II.

I now have a standard 027 pump, with a set of 7 hole injectors.

I gained power, and fuel milage, have less smoke, and the egts are more controllable by making the switch.

Your horsepower with a hot rod pump, and a standard replacement pump will be the same, when a fueling box is involved. If you plan on not using one, then the hot rod pump will make more power.

The people at industrial injection are telling you to spend money on parts that won't make your truck run any better.

I have seen a truck here in texas that has a II HRVP, II 11 holes, 64/14 with low drive wheel, Edge juice with attitude and hot code, smarty, with a hamilton diesel cam on the dyno hit 560hp on #2 only. That truck will turn a little over 4k and pull like a monster.

The white and brown 24valve dually. I think the guys name is lynn. I have never seen a 24valve pull as hard as that truck in my intire life. That truck pulled a deleon he was turning some serious rpms. and pulled it 20 feet farther than me and i placed 3rd with 301'.

Ok tonight my truck through a 0121 (TPS voltage does not match MAP) or something. What the heck is this all about?????