Need info for 91gmc diesel conv.

jim force

I have 91 GMC sub. I already conv. it to a 1ton sus. and dana 60s 3/4 ton axles and beefed the frame.The fab work is no prob its the wiring and fuel stuff is what I want. CLEAN wiring like a plug and play setup and where and what engine Im looking for 300-400 hp does painless make a harness?do i need a diff tranfer. case or can I use the stock ....any info will be great:thankyou2:

what kind of diesel you want?

a 12Valve Cummins won't really have any wiring to speak of. Anything newer than a 1999 Cummins will as will the Duramax and Powerstrokes.

So which one you want? If it's a CR Cummins (03+) then I *think* painless wiring is supposed to be coming out with a kit.

C-ya

like they asked what engine and trans combo you wanting to run there is several possibilities out there a few without wiring and some with.

What are you looking for out of the truck? If cheap raw HP/TQ and possibly fuel mileage is your answer then, get a 12v. However, if you want something with a twist get a CR (common rail) motor. A mild CR will get about the same MPG as mild 12v...if you don't have restrictions.

....What exactly are you looking for performance wise?

the only thing you need to do to the 12 v is have an internal reg put in the alt and all the other wires from the gm harness will work. 93 dodge and down trans and tranfer case are on the same side. same front shaft too!!!