Need parts help/advice

Fastback66

Ctd Newbie
Working on a new project. Converted my 1978 D-200 Crew Cab LWB into a 4wd D-60/D-70. Going Cummins/518/NP 205.

I need contact info for a Trans Converter. Goerend or Suncoast I assume.

Also want to go 4" exhaust. Need sources.

Would love an aftermarket Tranny pan. Any of them out there cheaper than Mag-Hytec?

Thanks in advance,Vinny

Attachments

• DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
Using factory trans crossmember from a 90 Cummins truck.

Thanks for the reply. Vinny

probably have to build your own exhaust but stans exhaust can build you a down pipe.

I really only need a 4" downpipe and transfer case tube.Once I get past the T case I can fab the rest. Does anybody have contact info for Goerend or Suncoast. I checked the sponsors here and Suncoast seemed to be a dead end or I'm not navigating the site well enough.

At the link I posted before you can buy individual pieces. The part that goes past the t-case is like 38 bucks plus shipping. You can build your own down pipe if you can weld. What are you running for a turbo?

Using factory H1c with the 92 engine. Source Automotive is a little cheaper on the downpipe. Might order a converter from Diesel Nut Motorsports. Unsure who they get theirs from though.

Vinny

then you don't want a hx40 down pipe the flange would be to big for your stock turbo.

Using factory H1c with the 92 engine. Source Automotive is a little cheaper on the downpipe. Might order a converter from Diesel Nut Motorsports. Unsure who they get theirs from though.

Vinny

what are you looking for on a converter?

what are you looking for on a converter?

I called a local Transmission wholesale and supplier today and got quoted $189 for a stock spec replacement and $230 for a RV converter that is a little lower stall and a little tougher.

I by no means need a fancy, high dollar one. My truck is just a daily driver and light towing use.

Vinny

The converters from the others you mention above are in the $650-1,000 dollar range. The RV converter IMO will work good for awhile but the others will last longer.