Need SCT info FAST!

well boys i was at some pulls put on by a local FFA chapter and i got to talkin to a guy there that had a Six O...Turns out he had an extra SCT...And he sold it to me for 150 BUCKS!!!! Good deal? i think so...:woohoo: Well my question is....Can i pull the the strategy code with the 6-gun still plugged in?

I would think that you could do that no problem. It shouldnt effect all the info from the OBD II should it?

I really want to go with elite...I hear u really cant go wrong with elite, DJ, innovative, etc...whos tunes are u running?

You plan on running Banks and SCT together or is the SCT for the tanns only?

i know my brother is runnin DJs looney tune right now and couldnt be happier. but i have heard good things about Elite and Innovative also. and if u tow id look into Direct Injection also, he does good tunes.

i want the SCT only...but i was wondering if i could keep the banks box on and always keep it in 1....and then run the sct tunes only...with the banks set to stock( level 1) i dont think it should make a difference...would it?

Honestly....once you run an SCT race tune you'll wonder why you ever put the Banks crap in anyway....so you might as well get rid of it now.

yea i am def gonna take it out....the problem is...im only 16 and really dont kno to much bout takin it out...help? lol

unplug it from the obd port from under the dash and remove the jumper off the pcm (behind the drivers side battery) and plug the factory connector back into the pcm. get some gauges, egt and boost at least. I personally have a few sets of Tadd's tunes from Elite and love them. I think you can find install instructions on the banks website if you need em to remove that crap.

i have gauges and everything...we got the big hoss bundle...so at least we got a nice IC with it...lol oh well...u gotta learn from your mistakes...

SmokinStroke09 said:
i have gauges and everything...we got the big hoss bundle...so at least we got a nice IC with it...lol oh well...u gotta learn from your mistakes...
yup same boat. blew my head gaskets in less than 500 miles and tranny never really shifted right again. good tunes are key to tranny life. oh if your gauges are the banks they wont work without the six gun installed. you will need to get stand alone gauges. autometer, isspro or something along those lines.

no i believe they get the info through the 6 gun. just a 2 wire hook up to those gauges. real boost gauges have 1/8 tubing ran to the intake 90 on the engine. i know a couple of people who leave it on just for gauges but i sold my pda and 6 gun and got gauges. 9 of em now lol

that really pisses me off lol...welp if they dont work i guess im going with autometer z-series! and thanks SINNER, u've been alot of help!