Need some advice on the Duramax

CWbOyRDnEcK6

yea right
We are workin on an '04 Chevy 2500 Duramax, we are planing to run EFI Live, bigger turbo, injectors, and dual CP3s.... I am new to the Duramax world and need some help on this... What would you guys suggest? And can EFI Live be stacked, and if so how much of a difference does it make?

EFI Live should be able to give you all the power you need. I would add Rods and Pistons at the very least to your build as well. They don't seem to like dual CP3s on stock internals with big tunes and turbos for any length of time.

CWbOyRDnEcK6 said:
We are workin on an '04 Chevy 2500 Duramax, we are planing to run EFI Live, bigger turbo, injectors, and dual CP3s.... I am new to the Duramax world and need some help on this... What would you guys suggest? And can EFI Live be stacked, and if so how much of a difference does it make?

Alot of the guys around are way running EFI Live are putting down 430-470hp with a McRat tune, but yeah with dual Cp3's and Sticks you might wanna think about the bottom end unless you wanna do that later when it's all laying on the road.

Efi live will put u past that point. With Rods, Cam, And pistions. And a large charger u can do 800 easily with just efi live fuel only. Keep the stock injectors in the truck they seem to run the best have proving there self to 1000 hp. just my 02

If you want to make big power with bigger turbo and dual cp3 you BETTER have rods and possibly cut the pistons too. The Duramax is easy to make power but it will blow under that power too with stock internals. EFI is a great tool but it takes time and patience to get it right. There are several that are very good at using it here !

You don't want to find these under your skid pan !

Attachments

• blow up_0002.jpg
    blow up_0002.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 22
  • blow up_0001.jpg
    blow up_0001.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 20
Well we opted to send the duramax, AKA named the "Dirtymax" down the road and jump in to an 06 Cummins Powered 2500 with and Auto in it, got better plans then what i could come up with for the Dirtymax. And its within my realm on knowledge so thank you all for your great tips and pointers on it all i will use it in the future!

How much do you think it would cost to do rods and pistons cause im in the same position with adding serious mods at this point myself?
Port

merchant can help with all that and rick at daves diesel to thats where i would start stacking with efi lives is a waste of time. if someone is stacking efi with anything they dont know what there doing becasue with efi live u can change all that and then more.

Port said:
How much do you think it would cost to do rods and pistons cause im in the same position with adding serious mods at this point myself?
Port
Rods normally run $2500+. Custom pistons aren't much less. Check with Merchant Automotive over in MI for a better quote.

stock piston run 180-200 new each... you can get yours machined for lower C/R or go with fordge units they arent cheaper either...

allot of guys are running cut LB7/LLY piston to about ~15:1 with no cold starting issues

get the cam and crank keyed as well while it is out

forged are cheeper i went with forged and pay under 1900 with rings

Back